Coordinator, Health Promotions
Job Number: PA #2122-144
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Health Promotions join our incredible team in the Mid-Atlantic region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and evaluating lung health programs throughout Northeast, North-Central, and South-Central Pennsylvania, providing support to the Tobacco Control Grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control. In addition, the coordinator will support the nationwide health promotion team. This position is grant-funded
- Review, audit, and submit community service provider monthly invoices through the regional tobacco grants.
- Support managers in coordinating all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, education health fairs, conferences, etc.
- Support the development and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Serve as point person to order educational and office materials and ship materials to community partners and other program staff.
- Research and develop outreach lists for tobacco control programming implementation within the Northeast, North-Central, and South-Central regions of Pennsylvania.
- Actively participate and take meeting minutes for the Regional Pennsylvania Tobacco-Free Coalitions.
- Coordinate Regional Pennsylvania Tobacco-Free Coalition’s social media accounts.
- Assist nationwide health promotions team by entering program data into the Lung Association system for signature programs.
- Respond to youth program inquiries.
- Coordinate metric for nationwide health promotions programs.
- Assist with various nationwide health promotion projects as needed.
- Coordinate and process the mail for the Camp Hill, PA Post Office box.
- Represent the Association as a member of community, civic, and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the Association’s mission.
- Build, maintain, and cultivate relationships with funders and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across service territory, including American Lung Association signature programs.
- Serve on Lung Association’s regional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Participate in and support our events and other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Prior experience in public health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and your own reliable transportation with the ability to travel within assigned area 25% of the time for meetings and conferences, as well as the flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proved ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet applications.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace, all employees must abstain from us tobacco in any form, including vaping. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated again the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medial or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For more details about this role please reach out to [email protected].