Job Number: PA #2122-100
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director to join our incredible team in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Working as a member of the Development team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects related to the creation, management and execution of annual fundraising campaigns with a focus on signature special events. This includes securing sponsorship, participant recruitment, volunteer involvement, team building, marketing, budget, timelines, evaluation, and logistics.
- Responsible for raising funds through special events, individual & corporate giving, non-governmental grants & other income sources utilizing the implementation of best practices
- Develop, implement, and monitor plans to meet area fundraising goals. If necessary, be prepared to develop a contingency plan to successfully meet fundraising goals and complete activities
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by identifying, recruiting, managing and stewarding high level volunteer committees
- Implement local fundraising events including securing sponsors & recruiting fundraising participants. Recruit, train & supervise development staff & volunteers.
- Provide recommendations for area development budget & innovative ways to accomplish goals. Submit timely program reports.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, ensure the creation of a strong corporate committee (Growth Committee) comprised of corporate community leadership volunteers capable of increasing sponsorships and corporate support.
- Launch and oversee a sub-committee to execute logistics and boost recruitment in the surrounding areas.
- Coach corporate team captains and fundraising volunteers.
- Manage department interns, ensuring volunteer recruitment, e-communications, and adherence to the timeline for a successful event.
- Responsible for cross-functional collaboration with Programs and Advocacy to ensure robust representation at all fundraising events
- Oversee all event solicitations. Oversee budget and logistics preparation. Work closely with a variety of vendors and venues necessary for event execution.
- Oversee and manage event project timelines. Monitor and prepare ongoing event progress reports. Evaluate event results and use analysis to prepare recommendations for future events as needed.
- Recruit, manage and coach community event team captains and volunteers. Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to cultivate event attendees.
- Work closely with regional and national colleagues.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field suggested;
- Minimum of five years’ fundraising experience including special event planning and management, individual & corporate giving, and non-governmental grant acquisition
- Must have experience with leading and managing staff
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and stewarding high level volunteers, donors, and sponsors
- Experience with non-profit budget building and management
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proficient in social & digital media
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Convio
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For more details about this role please reach out to [email protected].