Job Number: MA #2223-003
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Development Manager to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Development team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to the implementation of assigned special events including recruitment of volunteer committees, sponsors, teams and individual participants. Responsible for achieving revenue and participant goals, overseeing the budget, adhering to a 12-month event timeline, event logistics, and expansion of fundraising events that build and strengthen connections to potential and existing volunteers and donors.
- Ensure all Special Events achieve/exceed revenue goal by implementing industry best practices for recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors and individuals to grow our constituent base.
- Plan and execute Corporate Recruitment Breakfasts and/or Kickoff events to drive sponsor and event participation and educate constituents about the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Recruit and cultivate participants utilizing the defined cultivation strategy to ensure successful participant fundraising and retention.
- Evaluate event results and prepare recommendations for future events to expand our community reach
- In collaboration with Executive Director, manage the event budget to ensure expenses remain below prescribed percentage by recruiting in-kind sponsors or underwriters for the majority of event goods & services.
- Work with members of the Marketing/Communication team to solicit media partnerships for the event.
- Supervise the planning of event logistics and may serve as the staff manager on event day to provide an excellent experience for all participants.
- Updates all databases as required.
- Complete special projects and as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required
- Minimum of three to five years fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management and volunteer recruitment
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficient in social & digital media
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and your own reliable transportation with the ability to travel within assigned area 40% of the for meetings and conferences, as well as the flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form, including vaping. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For more details about this role please reach out to [email protected].