Job Number: FL #2122-41U
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in Orlando, FL. Alongside members of the Development team, the intern will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
The intern will assist the American Lung Association development staff to execute special event activities to gain experience in the field of business development.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
Before an unpaid internship begins, documentation from an accredited college or university will be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credit.
This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 15 hours per week (flexible schedule) and must be eligible for course credit. This position is for Fall 2022 and must be completed by December 2, 2022.
This is a great opportunity for the intern to enhance their skills in organization, multi-tasking and communications.The intern can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Participate in staff meetings and learning opportunities.
- Business Development
- Assist with general administrative support for signature special events, including the Fight For Air Climb and LUNG FORCE Run/Walk to gain exposure to specific events terminology. Also will assist with Lip Sync for Lungs and the development aspects Yoga Power.
- Assist in the event logistics, grassroots marketing, constituent relations, marketing, and community outreach related to special events.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to execute marketing plans related to special events, cause marketing, and health promotional messaging.
- Gain a basic understanding of peer to peer fundraising platforms.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Learn about team building and collaborating with staff.
- Learn how to develop communications for special event fundraising and cause campaigns.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
- Must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Health Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in business development, or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form and are also required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
In an e-mail include a cover letter and resume to (reference the EXACT title in the subject of email):
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For more details about this role please reach out to [email protected].