Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Number: (FL #2122-111)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Development Coordinator to join our incredible team in the Southeast region. Working as a member of the Development team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, the development coordinator works together with the special events team to coordinate annual fundraising events with all aspects related to the execution of these events as well as additional development projects. Responsibilities include achievement of revenue goals through coaching participants and teams to achieve fundraising goals, solicitation, and cultivation of sponsorships, managing the silent auction, and recruitment and cultivation of LUNG FORCE ambassadors. Additional position responsibilities include volunteer recruitment, relationship building and account management, marketing, and logistics. This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule.
- Together with the Development Director and senior market staff, implement the area development plan through special events and other revenue sources.
- Recruit, coordinate and coach event ambassadors, top participants, team captains and volunteers. Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to increase event participation and revenue. Serve as liaison for customer service and troubleshooting for signature events and internal kickoffs.
- Work together with members of the team to meet or exceed annual revenue goals. Participate in the creation, planning and implementation of new and existing projects.
- Manage the LUNG FORCE Sunset Soiree silent auction and Auction Committee.
- Lead the South Florida Turquoise Takeover campaign and Turquoise Takeover Task Force to achieve campaign goals developed in conjunction with the Development Director and Executive Director.
- Support the Fight for Air Climb Senior Development Manager to achieve campaign revenue, mission, and participant goals.
- Coordinate and oversee event logistics: develop and monitor event project timelines and implementation. Negotiate with vendors to achieve favorable prices that ensure adherence to established budget. Prepare and monitor ongoing event progress reports.
- Serve as location lead for the development of event websites and content updates, utilizing American Lung Association best practices, software, and guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of e-communications, mailings, and donor acknowledgements.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department to create and disseminate special events promotional materials through Social Media platforms, bulk e-mail and in person events.
- Coordinate planning for fundraising or stewardship events. Recruit, train & supervise event day volunteers. Prepare reports as required. Execute the constituent engagement plan using various electronic systems.
- Oversee the utilization of American Lung Association databases and e-commerce platforms, One Cause, Convio, & ROI, serves as special events lead on ROI.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Development Director or senior market staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, event management or related field preferred.
- One or two years of fundraising experience preferred with proven experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
- Superb organizational and time management skills with an excellent attention to detail and independent follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills with website communication, social media and database systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Familiarity with Canva, Instagram, Twitter and Convio helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights possible
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For more details about this role please reach out to [email protected].