Director, Marketing Automation & Digital Operations (CHI #2021-44)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Director, Marketing Automation & Digital Operations, to join our incredible team in the National Office. Working as a Digital Marketing Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
Join a fantastic team and be part of a digital transformation! Develop and maintain processes for nationwide organization’s Digital requests using workflow technology. Demonstrate acumen in all aspects of Digital (web, email, social, ads, online fundraising) and work collaboratively with various points of contact to refine and continue to develop our Salesforce Marketing Cloud instance. Looking for a team player with positive, can-do attitude who demonstrates expert-level understanding of digital marketing best practices, performance, industry benchmarks and evolving trends.
- Apply broad marketing technology understanding complemented by hands-on experience configuring nuts and bolts for program growth and constituent-first experience.
- Configure Marketing Cloud account setup by translating business requirements into scalable solutions leveraging the functionality and best practices of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Collaborate with staff in multiple departments as well as outside vendors on the transition to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including Email Studio, Mobile Studio, Social Studio, Advertising Studio and Einstein.
- Contribute to concept development and execution of online, integrated, and interactive campaigns that cultivate and strengthen relationships with customers and donors, including customer journey building.
- Skilled with web technologies, such has HTML, CSS, responsive email design, AMPscript, content management systems, content feeds and digital advertising.
- Proactively collaborate with points of contact from all departments to develop and refine workflows, incorporating Business Requirements in partnership with Technology Team, such as data flow, systems integration and Salesforce Marketing Cloud journeys, audience segments and performance.
- Demonstrate applied knowledge of project tracking tools and continue keeping the teams informed about best practices and evolving process refinements.
- Provide progress reports and flag potential production issues in real time that may impact timeline.
- Collaborate with the Digital team and related stakeholders and/or agencies to implement tactics for consumer database growth, donor acquisition and constituent-first experience.
- Apply analytical understanding to assess effectiveness of online campaigns, journeys, email communications and web content by generating and/or evaluating performance reports.
- Help ensure constituent audience data is systemized and fulfills engagement requirements related to targeting, segmentation and suppression.
- Provide suggestions to address complex problems using excellent analytical, diplomatic, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- As needed, collaborate in the writing and/or editing of digital materials, including email newsletters, e-solicitations, public policy campaigns and related online content.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Nonprofits; marketing technology or related field preferred; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ related work experience.
- Applied understanding of how digital channels work together to create a constituent-first experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud product releases, dashboards and analysis.
- Proven track record of maintaining systemized workflows and progress updates for multiple projects with various stakeholders in all departments.
- Skilled with web technologies, such has HTML, CSS responsive email design, AMPscript, content management systems, content feeds and digital advertising.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing variety of project requests from multiple departments, maximizing digital content and applying best practices of digital communications.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work; ability to communicate well; willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action oriented with effective follow up.
- Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Practical experience in consumer database software, effective list management & audience targeting
- Skilled with eCRM, data and analytics tools and software such as GA and GTM.
- Proficiency in project management tools (ClickUp), Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop) and MS Office 365.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):>
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V