Digital Analyst (CHI #2021-45)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Digital, Analyst, to join our incredible team in the National Office. Working as a Digital Marketing Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
Join a fantastic team and be part of a digital transformation! Responsible for tracking, reporting, maintaining and making strategic recommendations related to web and email marketing performance including site traffic, trends, referral sources, conversions, email trends, A/B testing and audience growth. Working closely with Marketing, Development, Mission and CRM teams, this position will work with the National Assistant Vice President, Digital Marketing and Engagement to provide web performance and email marketing reports and analysis for the nationwide organization.
- Work with Digital Team and other nationwide staff and stakeholders to maintain and continually refine organization’s website and email marketing performance
- Responsible for web performance tracking configuration, ensuring performance of all web properties is being tracked accurately; troubleshoot any tracking issues.
- Actively monitor and report on trends, referral sources, conversion goals and funnels, providing Digital Team and nationwide colleagues with information to make evidence-based decisions.
- Demonstrate proficiency implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying web analytics tools for the purposes of providing strategic insight.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of digital channel integration and source tracking for the purposes of providing a comprehensive snapshot of what’s working and what’s not working as it relates to nationwide digital KPIs.
- Provide ongoing web and email marketing performance analysis and projections to various departments and third-party stakeholders, applying industry knowledge and experienced strategic guidance.
- Collaborate with Digital Team and nationwide to stakeholders to monitor and report on audience growth and trends for a variety of interests and mission facets.
- Apply demonstrated understanding of email marketing metrics and KPIs.
- Work with various departments nationwide to develop and standardize nationwide email marketing performance reports to help inform strategy refinement and improve performance.
- Relay performance reports and information clearly, on time and within budget.
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of evolving digital landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple requests, provide status updates and escalate concerning performance issues appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related degree preferred; nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ marketing technology experience including: implementation, maintenance, and refinements of website analysis tools.
- Proven track record of reporting accurately and in a systemized fashion to showcase trends and provide strategic learnings to various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and creating web analysis reports, applying principals of web-based tracking tools, including conversions and attributions, and a working knowledge of online performance trends and technologies.
- Experienced understanding of how website performance informs SEO and SEM strategies.
- Applied understanding of email marketing performance trends, reports and analysis.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action oriented with effective follow up. Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Practical experience in website performance tracking and email marketing software.
- Current knowledge of CMS platforms; Email Marketing and Marketing Automation technology, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud, eCRM database and data integration; skilled with Web technologies, such as GA, UA and GTM (or similar). Proficiency in MS Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V