Development Intern (NV #2122-12U)
Las Vegas, NV
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in Las Vegas, NV. Alongside members of the Development team, the intern will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
The intern will assist the American Lung Association in Nevada staff to execute marketing, promotions, sales, and event management activities to gain experience in the field of communications, marketing, sales, public relations, and project management.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
Before an unpaid internship begins, documentation from an accredited college or university will be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credit.
This is an unpaid internship requiring a minimum time commitment of 8 -12 hours per week (flexible schedule) and must be eligible for course credit. This internship is Spring 2022 and must be completed by May 23, 2022.
This is a great opportunity for the intern to enhance their skills in organization, multi-tasking and communications. The intern can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Participate in staff meetings and learning opportunities.
- Special Events, Fundraising/Development, and Communications
- Assist with general administrative support for communications and local special events, including the LUNG FORCE Walk and Fight For Air Climb, to gain exposure to specific events.
- Assist in the development of media materials such as press releases, facts sheets, and briefing documents, as well as working to develop compelling media pitches and story angles.
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials.
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity.
- Assist in data entry, tabling promotional events, mailings, event promotion dissemination, and volunteer recruitment.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to execute successful special events, as well as their marketing, recruitment, and fundraising plans.
- Gain a basic understanding of Convio, Brandhub, and social media platforms.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing constituent management software, desktop publishing, and office programs.
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques.
- Practical experience with website management and social media campaigns.
- Learn about team building and collaborating with staff.
- Learn how to develop communications for special events and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
- Must be working towards a bachelor's degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in marketing, business administration, non-profit management, or a related field.
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to (include the EXACT title in the subject of email): Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V