Development Manager (NYC #2021-34)
City: New York
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Manager to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to the implementation of assigned special events including recruitment of volunteer committees, sponsors, teams, and individual participants. Responsible for achieving revenue and participant goals, overseeing the budget, adhering to a 12-month event timeline, event logistics, and expansion of fundraising events that build and strengthen connections to potential and existing volunteers and donors. This position is based in NYC but will also require frequent fieldwork in Northern New Jersey.
- Ensure all special events achieve/exceed revenue goal by implementing industry best practices for recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors, and individuals to grow our constituent base.
- Recruit and cultivate participants utilizing the defined cultivation strategy to ensure successful participant fundraising and retention.
- Work with committees to drive sponsorship and event participation, plan Kick-off events and educate constituents about the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Evaluate event results and prepare recommendations for future events to expand our community reach
- In collaboration with Executive Director, manage the event budget to ensure expenses remain below prescribed percentage by recruiting in-kind sponsors or underwriters for the majority of event goods & services.
- Work with members of the Marketing/Communication team to solicit media partnerships for the event.
- Supervise the planning of event logistics and serve as the staff manager on event day to provide an excellent experience for all participants.
- Complete special projects and serve as the local contact for third party events in the community as the opportunities become available or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required
- Minimum of 3 -5 years’ fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management and volunteer recruitment
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficient in social & digital media
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have the ability to work nights and weekends with some overnights required
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V