Videography Intern (CA #1920-37)
The American Lung Association is seeking a dynamic and driven media intern to join the Development Team! The ideal applicant will possess their own camera with experience collecting and editing video footage of large events. A proven track record of successful video projects, in multiple genres is preferred. Those looking to gain valuable videography experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
Gain experience in videography, add to a portfolio, earn class credit, and learn about the world of non-profit management. In this role, you can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Accompany Development team to fundraising events and record video of event.
- Video Editing
- Edit footage into story arcs, montages, etc.
- Be able to cut, clip, add music and after-effects, etc.
- Work with Marketing and Social Media team
- Work with Marketing and Social Media Intern & Committee to determine what sort of video assets are needed for marketing and social media campaigns/projects; deliver on projects.
- Any ad-hoc video projects that arise
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain experience in shooting promotional videos for corporations to add to your portfolio
- Develop leadership skills by creating Climb team and managing/inspiring groups to fundraise and participate
- Learn time management strategies by effectively meeting special projects deadlines as assigned by Development Team, in addition to executing projects related to the day to day administrative options of the Oakland office.
- Learn to cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
Before internship begins, documentation from the school may be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credits.
This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 10 to 20 hours per week (flexible schedule) and must be eligible for course credit.
- Must be working towards or have attained a Bachelor's Degree Videography, Marketing, Art, or other related field
- Experience in videography
- Must own or have consistent access to video camera
- In-depth knowledge of video-editing software
- Experience in shooting/editing video (bonus points for professional corporate videos)
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
Please e-mail you cover letter and resume to (include EXACT title in subject of email):
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.