Temporary Part-time Specialist, Health Educator (CA #1819-149)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Temporary Part-time Specialist, Health Educator to join our incredible team in California. Working as a member of the Advocacy and Public Policy Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with advocacy staff on local public health campaigns aimed at reducing exposure to secondhand smoke in public places, counter pro-tobacco influences in the community, and reduce access to tobacco products. This is a grant-funded position.
- Schedule and conduct outreach events in Buena Park and Orange County.
- Schedule, develop, and conduct presentations on tobacco related topics to various community entities in Buena Park and Orange County.
- Assemble health education materials for presentations and tabling events.
- Identify and recruit resident and organizational leaders of local communities to participate in project activities.
- Assist with data collection for program evaluation and for preparation of semi-annual and final grant program reports.
- Assist with development of smoke-free activities/educational events.
- Perform data entry related to grant funded programs to compile information collected on participant attendance, volunteer tracking, and public opinion surveys.
- Translate materials to be used in the community, such as flyers, postcards, education materials for presentations and media materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Public Health or related field.
- Experience in public policy or advocacy‐related work, community outreach, community organizing, and public health advocacy is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to a diversity of audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of management
- Exceptional people skills and an ability to work effectively with diverse populations (economic, cultural, and social).
- Strong spoken, analytical and written skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Broad cultural competency
- Reliable transportation
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V