Development Manager (CA #1920-110)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Manager to join our incredible team in California. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to the implementation of assigned Special Events including recruitment of volunteer committees, sponsors, teams and individual participants. Responsible for achieving revenue and participant goals, overseeing the budget, adhering to a 12-month event timeline, event logistics, and expansion of fundraising events that build and strengthen connections to potential and existing volunteers and donors.
- Ensure all Special Events achieve/exceed revenue goal by implementing industry best practices for recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors and individuals to grow our constituent base.
- Plan and execute Corporate Recruitment Breakfasts and/or Kickoff events to drive sponsor and event participation, and educate constituents about the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Recruit and cultivate participants utilizing the defined cultivation strategy to ensure successful participant fundraising and retention.
- Evaluate event results and prepare recommendations for future events to expand our community reach
- In collaboration with Development Director, manage the event budget to ensure expenses remain below prescribed percentage by recruiting in-kind sponsors or underwriters for the majority of event goods & services.
- Work with members of the Marketing/Communication team to solicit media partnerships for the event.
- Supervise the planning of event logistics and serve as the staff manager on event day to provide an excellent experience for all participants.
- Ensure the Coordinator or Associate accurately updates all databases as required.
- Complete special projects and serve as the local contact for third party events in the community as the opportunities become available or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management and volunteer recruitment
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficient in social & digital media
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have the ability to work nights and weekends with some overnights required
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.