Campus Coordinator (Contractor Position)
City: Redding or Chico
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Campus Coordinator to work alongside members of the ALA-North Valley team in the California Region. Working as a member Advocacy and Public Policy Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the American Lung Association staff to execute activities to gain experience in the field of rural organizing, advocacy and tobacco control and pass smoke-free campus policies at Butte and Shasta colleges. This is a grant funded position.
This is a paid campus coordinator position requiring a minimum time commitment of 15 hours per week (during normal business hours) (flexible schedule)
Base Pay: $15.00/hours
- Lead student advisory group and recruit five to ten members per campus.
- Assist in creation of policy documents for smoke-free events and healthcare campuses.
- Table at events with cessation materials.
- Conduct smoking observations.
- Present to three to five student groups to gain endorsements for policy.
- Present to the Board of Trustees and representatives of Associated Students on components of the policy.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Political Science or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in advocacy or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all staff and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
To apply send cover letter and resume (include job title in subject of email):
Stephanie Frazier: Specialist, Advocacy
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.