Associate, Constituent Services (SE #2021-78)
City: Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Charleston
State: FL, SC
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for an Associate, Constituent Services to join our incredible team in the Southeast Region. Working as a Constituent Services Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for revenue and acknowledgement processing, database management, and reporting across designated offices.
- Demonstrate a ‘constituent first’ level of service by ensuring that requests for service and support (phone, email, etc.) are quickly addressed.
- Ensure Constituent Services business rules and processes are being performed accurately and consistently.
- Process deposits daily and prepare deposit packets according to Constituent Services procedures, ensuring that all revenue is accurately recorded in the appropriate database (ROI, Convio, OneCause, etc.)
- Responsible for ACH field requests in conjunction with Constituent Services and Finance, recording revenue upon receipt.
- Responsible for processing matching gift, ensuring that donations are recorded properly.
- Work with local staff to acquire in-kind gift information, ensuring that gifts are submitted to Constituent Services and entered in ROI each quarter.
- Prepare and distribute donor acknowledgments (general donations, donor-advised funds, IRA, special events, etc.), ensuring adherence to business rules and tax guidelines for various gift types.
- Track revenue received prior to event set-up and ensure entry once the event has been created.
- Maintain Regional and Local Leadership Board records, including local activity, donations, and rosters.
- Oversight of constituent records, including accurate account creation, usage of primary corporate accounts, and duplicate consolidation.
- Process payment of regional invoices.
- Serve as the first contact for incoming calls, directing to the appropriate staff or resource.
- Maintain supply inventory and work with Business Operations on equipment maintenance and office vendors.
- Assist in other Constituent Services projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Two to three years of solid administrative experience with ability to handle a variety of inquiries with timeliness and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills working as part of an internal team and with external volunteers.
- Ability to organize and multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate and work independently for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience using database systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish a plus.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Departments
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V