Administrative Assistant (BF #1920-98)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Administrative Assistant to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Constituent Services Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining smooth daily operations in the office including equipment, supplies, mail processing and data entry/management. Serve as a point of contact with donors, volunteers, and vendors; greet and direct all callers, visitors and guests to the office. Additional responsibilities are varied depending on the current staffing needs.
- Facilitate community representation and manage all daily operations for the local office.
- Demonstrate a ‘constituent first’ level of service by ensuring that requests for service and support (phone, email, etc.) are quickly addressed and/or routed to the staff most equipped to do so.
- Serve as the first contact for incoming calls and direct the calls to the appropriate staff or resource.
- Manage office equipment and serve as point of contact for office vendors and office equipment maintenance.
- Work with local director to ensure smooth office operations, including but not limited to bidding, updating contracts, and maintaining files for equipment services, phone/IT, janitorial services, etc.
- Review, sort and manage all incoming mail and direct to the appropriate person.
- Keep the reception area neat and replenish publications as needed
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Process payment of any office bills that need to be paid through the Association’s payment system.
- Work with the constituent services department to ensure business rules and processes are being performed consistently and correctly at the local level.
- Perform data entry of donations/gifts received and other donor/prospect information; handle transfer of online donations to database, produce all needed reports.
- Ensure that all donations, including those submitted by others on behalf of our constituents (e.g. matching gifts, donor advised funds, etc.), are properly recorded in the system
- Manage the board member donor acknowledgement process
- Prepare and distribute donor acknowledgements for online gifts, memorials and other miscellaneous gifts using nationwide business rules.
- Correct misdirected donations to ensure they honor the donor intent
- Complete Charitable Giving Applications – send speakers bureau representatives to workplaces as requested.
- Process office deposits; prepare deposit documentation and perform data entry of incoming monies
- Make necessary changes to constituent records in the various online platforms to support the constituent and staff needs related to development, marketing and mission related activities
- Maintain accurate and clean donor files (merging duplicate records, maintaining groups/segments, etc.)
- Generate reports through the various online platforms to retrieve data required for business management and operations
- Orient daily office visitors/volunteers and serve as point of contact
- Assist Executive Director with various administrative tasks as requested
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years of solid administrative assistant/receptionist experience with ability to handle a busy switchboard and a variety of inquiries with courtesy and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills working as part of an internal team and with external volunteers.
- Ability to organize and multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate and work independently for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and experience using database systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Bi-lingual skills in English/Spanish a plus
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V