Specialist, Health Promotions (AR #2021-75)
City: Little Rock
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Southeast Region. Working as a Health Promotion and Education Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implement, and evaluate lung health programs associated with the Arkansas Tobacco Education Initiative Grant from the AR Department of Health, as well as other American Lung Association programs throughout Arkansas. This position is grant-funded.
- Coordinate grant projects activities, including planning and implementing community engagement activities, executing evidence-based tobacco control activities and interventions, and providing skill building training for coalition members to interact with community partners, organizations, and decision makers
- Implement Association INDEPTH and NOT programs as outlined in the Arkansas Tobacco Education Initiative workplan
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the Association and funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the Association’s database, weekly staff reports, and program metrics reports; assist supervisor in submitting invoices and developing grant reports
- Build, maintain, and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across Arkansas, including Association signature programs such as Freedom From Smoking and Better Breathers Club where applicable
- Represent the Association as a member of community, civic, and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the Association’s mission and the Arkansas Tobacco Education Initiative
- Serve on Association regional and national workgroups and committees as requested; participate in and support all area events
- Develop relationships with major media outlets in Arkansas and serve as the resource for information related to program activities; work with regional communication staff to develop social media campaigns
- Submit media approvals to funder and input monthly activities into the funder’s database
- Select and participate in local, state, and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum two years of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health
- Prior experience in public health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Must have experience in facilitating virtual and in-person presentations
- Experienced with various social media platforms
- Ability to multi-task and positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer programs
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V