You can now access Lung.org including this event site using a new or existing Lung.org online account. You may also sign in using your preferred social network such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linked In, Yahoo. Below, you will find help on accessing Lung.org using either type of account. Please select from the following:
If you have registered for an American Lung Association event before and wish to use the email you used to register for the previous event, please follow the instructions below.
If you have not registered for a previous event, or want to use a different email address than you used before, please click on New User in the registration form and follow the on-screen instructions.
1. On the Home Page, click on Join as Individual or Join or Start a Team on the left menu.
>>If joining or starting a team, click on that link and follow the prompts on-screen to do so, then continue with the following:
2. Choose your Participant Type (i.e. walker, runner, climber. Choices will vary per event)
3. Enter an additional gift amount if desired, and click on Next Step.
4. Click on Returning User
5. Scroll down to Email Me My Login Information
6. Enter the email address you used previously to register for an event
7. Click on Send User Information
8. Check your email. Your User Name and a system generated password will be emailed to you.
9. Do NOT click on the Log In or Change Password links in email. Instead, write down your User Name and Password exactly as they appear in the email and return to the registration page.
10. In the Enter User Name and Password section, enter your User Name and Password from the email you received and click Log In.
11. Your information should auto-populate into the registration form and you can continue to register.
You can connect several of your social accounts to your account on this site so that you can log into the account you prefer each time you log in.
The first time you attempt to use your social networking account on this site, you will have to:
- Log into your social networking site.
- Give permission for the American Lung Association (ALA) to access your social networking profile.*
- Validate your social network profile by either linking it to a new or existing ALA online account.
Completing your one time social networking validation:
You have an existing American Lung Association (ALA) online account:
During the social networking validation step, select the option labeled “Have an account already? Log in here”. After you log in successfully, this will link your existing ALA online account to your social networking account. You can unlink them at any time by editing your ALA online account profile. Unlinking your accounts will leave your ALA online account intact. You can link the two accounts even if they use different email addresses.
You have already registered for THIS event:
During the social networking validation step, select the option labeled “Have an account already? Log in here”. If you do not link your existing ALA online account and social networking account and attempt to “Register” your social networking account that uses a different email address, a new ALA online account will be created. If you select the option to “Register” a social networking account that uses the same email address as your ALA online account, you will be prompted to log in using your ALA username and password. This will link your social networking and ALA online accounts. If you inadvertently create a second ALA online account, please contact your event manager and they will correct this for you.
You DON’T have an ALA online account: (i.e., you are registering for the an event for the first time):
During the social networking validation step, verify the information that was obtained from your social networking site and click “Register”. A new ALA online account will be created and linked to your social networking account. A random password will be assigned to your new ALA online account. In order to obtain your ALA online account information, you can log out, then click the “Forgot Password” link, then select “Email me my password” and use the same email address as your social networking account for both your username and email address.
*The connection to your social networking profile is accomplished through a 3rd party company, Gigya. Gigya, ALA, and Convio do NOT store the constituent passwords for their linked accounts. It is NOT possible for an Administrator to access a linked account profile for a constituent. While we do provide the ability to view the profiles from within the constituent record, the viewing permissions are those set and managed by that particular social site.