Where can I find instructions on registering?
Click here for registration instructions.
The American Lung Assocaition in Utah
1930 South 1100 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
Day of Event, June 2nd
8:30am registration will open...but will cost you more!
How do my donations help?
You raising $50 will support the educational programming of the American Lung Association in Utah in the following ways: · Cover the cost to train 10 volunteers to teach Open Airways for Schools · Purchase 2 Peak Flow Meters for better asthma management · Purchase 3 Spacer/Chambers for increased medicine delivery · Provide a ¼ campership for a child to attend Camp Wyatt asthma camp in Tooele · Purchase workbook materials for a facilitator to help teens quit smoking through Not on Tobacco
You raising $50 will support the educational programming of the American Lung Association in Utah in the following ways:
· Cover the cost to train 10 volunteers to teach Open Airways for Schools
· Purchase 2 Peak Flow Meters for better asthma management
· Purchase 3 Spacer/Chambers for increased medicine delivery
· Provide a ¼ campership for a child to attend Camp Wyatt asthma camp in Tooele
· Purchase workbook materials for a facilitator to help teens quit smoking through Not on Tobacco
How far is the RUN/Walk? How long will it take me to complete?
5K = 3.1 miles. In Sugar House Park this means 2 laps around the lanes that are marked on the pavement there. We will use the pedestrian and the biking lanes for the Runners and Walkers.
You can complete any distance you feel comfortable with during this RUN or WALK. You have until 11:30 to complete your 3.1 miles!
Here are some examples of the time it could take to complete a 5K Run:
10 minute mile = 31 minutes
9 minute mile = 27.9 minutes
8 minute mile = 24.8 minutes
7 minute mile = 21.7 minutes
Here are some examples of the time it could take to WALK a 5K route:
20 minute mile = 62 minutes
18 minute mile = 55.8 minutes
15 minute mile = 46.5 minutes
13 minute mile = 40.3 minutes
What is the Fight for Air Run/Walk?
It is a community event intended to raise funds and awareness for the ALAU. These are held nationwide by other American Lung Associations in order to bring attention to lung diseases such as asthma and COPD. Our event is Saturday, June 2 with a focus on Health and Wellness, local business and organizations, and eco living.
What time should I arrive the morning of the event?
At this time you can participate in warm up stretches with Carrie Goodwin from the Bar Method Workout, and then have an inspiring launch with Coach Lora AKA The Blonde Runner!
· Day of registration also possible that morning at this time. FYI- day of registration fees are higher?
Where do I go the morning of the event?
Meet us at the Big Field Pavilion in Sugar House Park! This is one of the pavilions East of the pond.
Where do I park?
Sugar House Park has designated parking areas in parking lots and along the park perimeter. Please note that there is overflow parking in the Highland High School parking lot which is located on 2166 South and 1700 East, Salt Lake City Utah, 84106. We will have signs to guide you to the Big Field Pavilion.
Where is the start and finish line?
It is right near the Big Field Pavilion. It is at the end of the access road that runs North of the pond. You will have a flat start before entering the marked route that the park has designated for Runners/Walkers/ and Cyclists.
You will start and finish in the same place! WahooJ!
What do I bring with me on the day of the event?
· A water bottle: this event is cup free. We will have coolers with water, but no cups! We want to reduce the waste that happens at races. We will have small Hydra Pouches available for a donation or you can purchase one when you pick up your packet!
· Comfortable clothing in layers: You never know what type of temperatures will be happening the first Saturday in June here in the Salt Lake Valley!
· Fundraising donations: That you have collected and not yet turned in. THANK YOU!
· Recycled costume: Wear your eco fashion you have created during one of our craft nights or the one you created just for your team spirit! You could win a prize. We will have judges on hand.
· Your positive attitude and spirit!
Are pets allowed?
Yes! Sugar House Park rules ask that your dog be on a leash and you pickup after your dog. They can walk or run with you. Please bring dogs that are people & pet friendly and use to being around crowds of people and other dogs.