Each year, too many lives are lost to lung disease and this is your chance to RUN/WALK, raise money and make an impact in their honor. By joining the Fight for RUN/WALK you are making the commitment to fight lung disease so everyone can breathe easier- including you!
Map of 5k/Walk Route:
Runners/Walkers will start and finish in the same place (near the Big Field Pavilion). For the full 5k route, you must make two full loops around Sugar House Park. Walkers and Kids may choose to do one loop, but are encouraged to try the full two.
The Fight for Air RUN/WALK gives you the power to improve the air we breathe. Run or Walk with us to help a child suffering from asthma. Run or Walk with us to find cures cancer and other lung diseases. Please join the hundreds of individuals across the Wasatch Front as we Fight for Air.
You can get involved by:
- Registering as a Team Captain
- Joining an existing Team as a new registrant
- Signing up as an individual registrant
- Sponsoring the event
- Joining the event planning committee
- Making a contribution supporting a registrant
The RUN/WALK will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2012 at Sugar House Park.
Who else will be there:
Local experts on health and wellness -
- Utah County Health Department's Asthma Mom Blogger, Andrea Jensen
- Coach Lora aka The Blonde Runner
- Carrie Goodwin from The Bar Method - The most targeted body workout
- Zumba Fitness with Polly
Exhibitors and local businesses -
- Radio Disney and their Rockin' Roadshow
- The Joint...the Chiropratic Place
- Sugar House Farmer's Market
- Team Holm Bobsled Olympic Athletes
- Clif Bar
- Winder Farms
- Chick-fil-A at Sugar House
American Lung Association Office
1930 South 1100 East
Thursday, May 31
Noon - 7pm
Friday, June 1
9am - 6pm
8:30am - Registration + Warm-Up stretches with Carrie Goodwin
9am - 5k Run/Walk
10am - Kids K
11am - Announcements/Awards
Sugar House Park is located at 1400 East and 2100 South.
- From I-80, take the 1300 East exit
- Turn North off the exit to 2100 South
- Turn right to 1400 East
- Turn Right into the park
- The start/finish line is at the Big Field Pavilion which can be accessed from the road North of the pond.
We encourage carpooling and use of mass transit for travel to the event.
Parking is available throughout Sugar House Park with overflow parking avalable at Highland High School located at 2100 South and 1700 East.
We encourage you to fund raise at least $50 towards our local educational programs.
How does $50 help? $50 will...
- Cover the cost to train 10 volunteers to teach Open Airways for Schools
- Purchase 2 Peak Flow Meters for better asthma management
- Purchase 3 Spacer/Chambers for increased medicine delivery
- Provide a 1/4 campership for a child to attend Camp Wyatt asthma camp
- Purchase workbook materials for a facilitator to help teens quit smoking through Not on Tobacco
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. The American Lung Association ® is a registered 501 (c) 3 organization. Please make checks payable to the American Lung Association in Utah.