Gear up for the Firefighter Challenge! This special competition offers an incredible training opportunity, a fun morale booster and stirs some healthy competition among firefighters. The bigger the team, the better! To be eligible for this Challenge, individuals on teams must:
- Pay the $25 registration fee and raise the $100 minimum required.
- Have 3 or more participants to form a team.
- Firefighter teams who would like to participate in the Climb wearing clothing that would normally be worn for a cardio workout may do so, but will not be scored in the Firefighter Challenge.
In order to participate in the Firefighter Challenge, firefighters must climb the stairs in the following clothing and gear:
- All equipment and PPE will be checked prior to beginning your climb on event morning.
- Full gear (PPE/Personal Protective Gear)
- Firefighter coat with liner. Liner must NOT be taken out. If taken out, you will be disqualified from the competition.
- Fire helmet.
- Nomex hood optional.
- Bunker pants with liner. Liner must NOT be taken out. If taken out, you will be disqualified from the competition.
- Fire rubber boots, fire leather firefighting boots, or Wildland leather boots allowed. No running shoes allowed or you will be disqualified from the competition.
- Must wear an air pack: does not need to be turned on.
- Gloves optional.
A team is defined by one team captain and at least 2 additional team members (3 people total). To participate, all team members must pay the $25.00 registration fee and have met the $100.00 fundraising minimum by Tuesday, May 17, 2011.
For additional information about the 2011 “Fight for Air” Climb Firefighter Challenge, please call (713) 629-5864 or email email@example.com.
- Firefighting Fastest Team
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Fastest Individuals
- Firefighting Largest Team
- Firefighting Highest Fundraising Team
To view a downloadable flier, click here.