GEAR UP FOR THE FIREFIGHTER CHALLENGE!
Firefighters are disproportionately affected by lung disease, including lung cancer.
Firefighters experience exposure to gases, chemicals, and smoke in the line of duty, causing damaging lung health effects.
Smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths.
Join us in the Fight for Air!
To be eligible for the Challenge, individuals on teams must:
- Pay the $25 registration fee and raise the $100 minimum required.
- Have 3 or more participants to form a team.
- Climb 53 floors wearing the required gear noted below.
The following is required for a Firefighter climbing in gear:
- Firefighting boots (NO running or athletic shoes)
- Firefighting helmet (hood and earflaps optional)
- SCBA harness with bottle, worn on back (no face piece, no air flowing)
- Bunker pants (liner optional)
- Bunker coat (liner optional)
Please note: Firefighter teams (or individuals) who would like to participate in the Climb wearing clothing that would be suitable for athletic events or anything other than the above requirements are more than welcome, but will not be scored in the Firefighter Challenge.