Each year, too many people are affected by lung disease and this is your chance to walk, raise money and make an impact in their honor. By joining the Fight For Air Walk you are making the commitment to fight lung disease so everyone can breathe easier- including you!
Families, individuals and teams join together in a walk to raise awareness for the 35 million Americans who suffer from lung disease. Participants come together to raise funds and further our mission to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
You can get involved by:
- Registering as a Team Captain
- Joining an existing Team as a new registrant
- Signing up as an individual registrant
- Sponsoring the event
- Joining the event planning committee
- Making a contribution supporting a registrant
You may register at any time on the www.WalkKnoxville.org website.
The walk will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2012.
All participants who individually raise at least $100 will receive a walk t-shirt.
We encourage you to raise at least $100 toward the cause.
This is easier than you think!
It is as easy as asking 10 friends for $10.
Coaching packets and trainings are available. Please contact our office for more details at 800-432-5864.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. The American Lung Association ® is a registered 501 (c) 3 organization. Please make checks payable to the American Lung Association in Tennessee.
A fundraising packet is available to help you reach your fundraising minimum. Check out the "Fundraising Help" page on the main menu. If you need additional help in fundraising minimum requirement, please contact our office at 800-432-5864.
The ALA staff is happy to help coach and provide fast and efficient ideas to reach your fundraising requirement.
• I-40 East: Take exit 386B to ramp right for US-129 South / SR-73 South / SR-115 South / Alcoa Hwy toward Airport / Smoky Mts. Take ramp right for Neyland Dr / SR-158 toward University of TN. Turn left onto SR-158 / Neyland Dr SW. Continue on Neyland Dr SW past Thompson Boling Arena. Merge right just before traffic light to arrive at Volunteer Landing.
• I-40 West: Take exit 388A to ramp right for SR-158 West / James White Pkwy toward Downtown / University of TN. Take ramp right for SR-158 West / Neyland Dr SW toward University of TN. Continue on Neyland Dr SW to traffic light. Turn left to arrive at Volunteer Landing.
Parking is available all along Volunteer Landing.