Fundraising Made Easy
Whether you are participating as part of a corporate team, a friends and family team, or as an individual, these quick tips are sure to help you maximize your fundraising efforts!
- On-line fundraising is the most effective way to raise money. We've already created a personal page for you…use it! Customize your page and blast it out to all of your contacts.
- Set a Goal and let everyone know what it is. They will want to help you reach it!
- Make a List of everyone you know. Friends, family members, co-workers, neighbors, local businesses, your mailman, your babysitter, everyone! These are your most-likely donors. Now it's time to…
- ASK!! This might be shocking, but the number one reason why people don't give is because they were never asked! So now that you have your list, start asking! People give when they are asked, so get those emails and phone calls started.
- Speak Out! You might be surprised to learn how many peoples' lives have been touched by lung disease, so if you are participating in honor or in memory of someone with lung disease…tell your story. The personal connection is a great way to highlight the importance of the mission.
- Know the facts about the prevalence of lung disease and the important work of the American Lung Association. Let donors know that their contribution helps the ALA save lives by preventing lung disease and promoting lung health. Encourage them to join the fight for air! To learn more, go to www.lung.org.
- Spread the word through social media outlets. Post a link to your personal fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere people are likely to see it! It's simple - increase your exposure to increase your donations!
- Think outside the fundraising box. There are tons of unique ways to fundraise. Organize a bake sale or a car wash, put an extra change jar at work, have a casino night party, give up a vice like gourmet coffee for a week and donate the savings! There are many clever ways to raise money. Just put on your thinking cap and get creative with it!
- Ask your donors if their company has a matching gift program. You can easily double your pledges through matching gifts.
- Don't forget to say "Thank You!" It's important to promptly thank your donors for their support with a thank you note!