It's more than a walk, it's more than a run.....go VERTICAL for a unique challenge.
Climb the Three Logan Square building..... 50 flights/1088 steps to the Finish Line!
CLICK HERE for 2012 CLIMB results.
Each year, too many lives are lost to lung disease and this is your chance to climb, raise money and make an impact in their honor. By joining the Fight for Air Climb, you are making the commitment to fight lung disease so everyone can breathe easier- including you!
Families, individuals and teams join together in a climb to raise awareness for the 35 million Americans who suffer from asthma. Participants work together to fundraise.
Please join the thousands of individuals across the nation who believe in the cause and will climb in their communities as well.
You can get involved by:
- Registering as a Team Captain
- Joining an existing Team as a new registrant
- Signing up as an individual registrant
- Sponsoring the event
- Joining the event planning committee
- Making a contribution supporting a registrant
You may register at any time on this website by clicking on one of the registration choices listed under "Sign Up" menu on the left. The climb will be held on Saturday, March 24, 2012 at Three Logan Square, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Registration starts at 7:00am and the climb begins at 8:30am.
In addition to the $25 registration fee, each participant is required to raise $100 for the fight against lung disease. Participants who individually raise the minimum fundraising goal of 100 will receive a complimentary t-shirt.
Event Participation Types
1. Century Climb - Elite climbers wanting the ultimate challenge of climbing 100 floors (Tackling the building twice - Both climbs monitored and timed)
2. First Responder Challenge - Special race for First Responders. Teams consist of four First Responders from the same unit or division (Not in gear). Register as a First Responder and team captain notify Patty Seacrist at firstname.lastname@example.org with team member names.
3. Elite Individual Climber - Climbers with an estimated finish time of 6-12 minutes
4. Open Climbers - Climing at own pace
5. Climb Teams - Climb together as a team.
6. First Responder Teams - Climb together as a first responder unit or division (full gear is optional).
One Mile Vertical Team Challenge:
It takes just under eight climbs of Three Logan Square to equal the distance of one mile straight up. All teams with eight or more climbers will automatically be entered into this One Mile Vertical Team Challenge. The eight fastest climbers will be totaled for your score. (First Responders doing the First Responder Challenge are not eligible for this Challenge). Awards will be presented at the Post Event Celebration.
Post Climb Celebration
Friends, Family and Participants and Sponsors are welcome to Tir Na Nog Sponsor Reception, Awards and After Party. There will be a specially priced breakfast/lunch menu and drink specials for friends and family. Participants and Sponsors will be offered special treats from Chef Dan’s buffet. There will be some other snacks for all to enjoy, while they last!
Click on the "Directions" link at the top of the left menu for directions to the climb. For more information, please contact Sherri Fiorentino at 610-941-9595 ext 104 or email@example.com.
Call SEPTA (215-580-7800)
Parking is available at Three Logan Square Parking Garage for $5.00
We encourage you to fund raise at least $100 toward the cause. This is easier than you think! It is as easy as asking 10 friends for $10. Coaching packets and trainings are available. Please contact our office for more details -contact Sherri Fiorentino at 610-941-9595 ext 104.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. The American Lung Association ® is a registered 501 (c) 3 organization. Please make checks payable to the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania
A fundraising packet is available to help you reach your fundraising minimum. Check out the "Fundraising Help" page on the main menu. If you need additional help in meeting the fundraising minimum requirement, please contact Sherri Fiorentino at 610-941-9595 ext 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The ALA staff is happy to help coach and provide fast and efficient ideas to reach your fundraising requirement.