Gear up for the Firefighter Challenge! This special competition offers an incredible training opportunity, a fun morale booster and stirs some healthy competition among firefighters. The bigger the team, the better! To be eligible for this Challenge, individuals on teams must:
- Pay the $25 registration fee and raise the $100 minimum required.
- Approach local restaurants to host a benefit day for your team where a percent of sales are donated to your team.
- Approach local businesses an offer to wear their logo inexchange for sponsorship to the team.
- Have 3 or more participants to form a team.
- Challenge Gear Guidelines are : structure boots, pants, coat with full lining, helmet, and light gloves. SCBA tanks will be worn but not clipped in. No air will be needed. Participants are advised to arrive in clothing that would normally be worn for a cardio workout and to wait to change into gear until shortly before individual start time.
- Firefighter teams who would like to participate in the Climb wearing clothing that would normally be worn for a cardio workout may do so, but will not be scored in the Firefighter Challenge.
- Firefighting Fastest Team
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Fastest Individuals
- Fastest Firefighter will be awarded our traveling trophy custom painted helmet. The 2012 winner was Raymond Hall of the Sand Springs FD
- Firefighting Largest Team
- Firefighting Highest Fundraising Team