Fight for Air Events are a great way to bring people together to work toward a common goal.
What is a team?
- A team consists of a captain and at least three additional team members. A team may have more than one captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities.
- Teams come in all sizes and can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Friends and Family or even represent churches, schools, and others. However, we encourage all teams to be inclusive and recruit from many areas. Some of our best corporate teams consist of company members and their families and friends.
- We strongly encourage each team to set a fundraising goal.
- Each team member is encouraged to raise money toward achieving a world free of lung disease.
- Monies raised by individuals on a team combine to make that team’s fundraising total.
What does it cost?
- There is no fee for registering a team.
- Teams may invest in team shirts, team jerseys, a team tent, or other items, but those costs are at the discretion of the team or supporting company.
Why are teams great?
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit and support our programs, research and advocacy.
- Teams provide a way for people to come together. The Fight for Air Walk provides a common goal for team members to rally around.
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- A team provides a supportive environment for its members to work toward wellness goals together.
- A team provides a great opportunity to honor those who have been directly affected by lung disease.
What tools are in place to assist the team captain?
- Are you new to the team concept? Let us help! There are many resources and events available to team captains:
- Web Tools: As a participant, you have access to great online tools that you and your team members can use to register, send email messages, request and track donations, and monitor progress. Build a web page for your team and have each team member create a personal page, too!
- Emails: We’ll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with regular emails tailored to help you with recruitment, organization, and fundraising.
- Internal kick offs and informational meetings: Our event managers/volunteers are always available to meet with you to help promote your team’s recruitment and fundraising efforts. We’ll provide you with creative ideas and give you all the support and encouragement you need to step it up.