Each year, too many lives are lost to lung disease and this is your chance to walk, raise money and make an impact in their honor. By joining the Fight for Walk you are making the commitment to fight lung disease so everyone can breathe easier- including you!
Hundreds of Hoosiers, families, companies and teams will join together on June 8 at Butler University to raise the needed funding for local lung disease programs and life-saving research. It is also a great opportunity to raise awareness for the 1,000,000 Indiana residents who suffer from lung disease today. Please join the thousands of individuals across the nation who believe in the cause and will walk in their communities as well.
You can get involved by:
- Registering as a Team Captain
- Joining an existing Team as a new registrant
- Signing up as an individual registrant
- Sponsoring the event
- Joining the event planning committee
- Making a contribution supporting a registrant
The Fight For Air Walk will be held on June 8 at Butler University.
Participants can participate in either a 5K (3.1 miles) walk or a 1-mile walk route throughout campus and the Canal Tow Path. The 1-mile walk route is designated for individuals with lung disease and their family members as well as young families. Anyone is welcome to participate in the 5K option.
Activities, which include music, breakfast, sponsor booths, health screenings, and kids' entertainment begin at 8:30 am just in front of Hinkle Fieldhouse. At 10:00 am, the 5K and the 1 Mile walks will begin. All walkers regardless of which route they are participating in should plan on arriving at least one half hour before their walk begins to check in.
All participants who individually raise $100 or more will receive a complimentary Fight For Air Walk t-shirt the morning of the event.
Parking is available at Hinkle Fieldhouse with an over flow lot at Clowes Memorial Hall.
We encourage you to fund raise at least $100 toward the cause. This is easier than you think! It is as easy as asking 10 friends for $10. Coaching packets and trainings are available. Please contact our office for more details (800-LUNG-USA).
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. The American Lung Association® is a registered 501(c)3 organization. Please make checks payable to the American Lung Association in Indiana.
A fundraising packet is available to help you reach your fundraising minimum. Check out the "Fundraising Help" page on the main menu. If you need additional help in meeting the fundraising minimum requirement, please contact our office at 800-LUNG-USA. The ALA staff is happy to help coach and provide fast and efficient ideas to reach your fundraising requirement.
New This Year!
Team Week is a new initiative to help the Fight For Air Walk to grow. It is designed to promote fun and healthy competition between teams, while adding new team members along the way. Over the course of the May 13 – 17, we will have daily competitions with all team captains and reward those teams who recruit the most members.
Why Participate in Team Week?
-Increase the number of participants on your team
-Create team pride
-Learn the best methods to recruit team members
-Enjoy winning incentive prizes! (Prizes include: Team Pizza Party, $25-$100 Visa Gift Cards, etc.)
Be Part of the VIP Village on Event Day!
How to Participate in the Fight for Air Walk VIP Village…
To qualify for the VIP Village:
• Corporate teams must have 15 registered participants and raise $1,500
• Friends and Family teams must have 10 registered participants raise $1,000
*Participants must be registered and fundraising minimum must be reached by Friday, May 24th to qualify.*
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Register for the Walk, start or join a team and begin raising funds! The Special Events staff will be there every step of the way – keeping you energized, sharing ideas and providing tools to help you reach your fundraising commitment.
As a Team in the VIP Village You Will Enjoy…
· A private tent for your team in the VIP Village to decorate as you see fit, table provided. Tent open from 8:30AM—12PM
· Top Notch breakfast items waiting for your team upon arrival, including Orange Juice filled Champagne Flutes
· An American Lung Association volunteer to assist your team on event day
· Event T-shirts presorted with correct sizes, delivered to your tent before your arrival on event day
· VIP ‘Swag’
· Massage Therapist on site
· VIP team names on back of event shirts
· VIP lanyards for team
Fun Ideas for Your VIP Village Tent …
· Bring decorations to make your tent unique! Choose a fun theme or use the opportunity to promote your company and interface with the public.
· Fun giveaways from your company! Bring key chains, magnets or other fun memorabilia to share with your VIP Village neighbors.
· Noisemakers to welcome your teammates as they arrive!
WIN ME!!! Fight For Air Raffle
Weekend stay in Indianapolis
· One night stay at the Westin Hotel, located downtown
· Dinner for two at the Skyline Club
· $50 Visa gift card
For each $50 you raise, you will earn one entry into the 2013 Walk Raffle!
(Raise $50 –$99 = 1 entry; $100-$149 = 2 entries, etc.)
Drawing: Event Day, Saturday, June 8, 2013 just before the walk begins, 9:55 AM
**Winner must be present to win.**