If you are a team captain, download the team captain's handbook.
Fight for Air Events are a great way to bring people together to work toward a common goal.
What is a team?
- A team consists of a captain and at least three additional team members. A team may have more than one captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Friends and Family, firefighter relay teams and law enforcement.
- Each team member is required to raise money toward achieving a world free of lung disease. There is a $100 minimum fundraising requirement per team member due on or before event day.
What does it cost?
- There is a non-refundable participation fee required at the time of registration. In addition, there is a $100 minimum fundraising requirement per participant due on or before event day.
- Teams may invest in team shirts or jerseys but those costs are at the discretion of the team or supporting company.
Why do we like teams?
- Teams provide a support mechanism for members during the training and fundraising season.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- Teams generate enthusiasm before, during, and after the event.
Why should you form a team?
- The best reason to form a team is to join the fight for healthy lungs and air! Money raised by our participants directly funds programs, services, research and advocacy.
- You want to join the fun! Not only is this a unique event in our community, your team gets to enjoy it together!
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
What tools are in place to assist the team captain?
- New to the team concept? Let us help! There are many resources and events available to team captains:
- Web Tools: You have access to online tools that you and your team members can use to register, send email messages, monitor progress and request/track donations. Build a web page for your team and have each team member personalize their individual sites.
- Emails: We’ll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with regular emails tailored to help you with recruitment, organization and fundraising.
- Fundraising Assistance: Our online fundraising tools make fundraising quick and simple. For fundraising assistance, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-309-9507. We can help you personalize your webpage, draft fundraising letter and create a fundraising plan designed for you!
- Fundraising Incentives: Team members are encouraged to strive for incentives that recognize their fundraising efforts.
- Internal kick offs and informational meetings: The American Lung Association staff is available to meet with your team to discuss recruitment and fundraising efforts.