Day of Event Registration and Details
All climbers must have a minimum of $100 fundraising money online or turned in to the ALA in Georgia office to participate. You may also turn your fundraising money in at registration on event day.
It's not too late to register! Online registration will end on Thursday, May 12th. Online donations will still be accepted.
You will still be able register at the event. Please be prepared to bring the registration fee and the fundraising minimum.
Race Packet Pick-Up
Registered climbers who have turned in their fundraising minimum by Thursday, May 12th, may pick up their race packets: May 13th from 4:00pm- 8:00pm
Registered climbers who are not turning in their fundraising minimum until the day of the event or cannot make the pick-up on Friday, may pick up their race packets: Fight for Air Climb "Registration Table" on Saturday, May 14th starting at 9:00am.
Team Captains may pick up their team members packets all at once. It is up to the Team Captains to distribute packets to their team members if they pick them up.
Fight for Air Climb Atlanta Start Times
Climbers start times and bib numbers will be emailed to you starting May 11th.
Climbers need to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your start time. You will be given a "wave time" and need to be in line to start during that time. Start times will be staggered every 10-15 seconds.
Failure to return your timing chip will result in a $30 fine.
If you have requested a specific start time, please remember that we cannot guarantee start times, but are trying to honor all requests
Event Day Information
Directions to The Equitable Building
The Equitable Building is located at 100 Peachtree St, NW, Atlanta.
- Go south on Peachtree.
- Once you pass Peachtree Center (on left) and the old Macy’s (on right) start looking for Luckie Street.
- Take a right on Luckie Street (the Equitable Building will be on your right).
- Travel 1 ½ blocks and take an immediate right after the Quality Hotel.
- The Equitable Building Parking Garage will be on your right, take the second entrance.
If you plan to take Marta, the Peachtree Center station is just a few blocks away.
- Parking is available in the Equitable Building parking garage.Take the parking garage elevator to the 3rd floor. Walk across the street to the Equitable Building. Be sure to bring your parking garage ticket with you, as you will need it to enter the garage when you leave.
- There is street parking around and near the building and several other parking lots near the building as well.
- Team photos will be taken in the team photo area. We are asking teams to take it upon themselves to coordinate their teams to get their photo taken. Please bring a poster or banner to indicate your team name- make it fun and festive!! Team posters are also a good way to identify you in the event pictures.
- Team photos will be taken from 9:00am-9:45am.
- We strongly recomend that ALL participants warm-up before they climb. Stella Monko, will be leading a short warm-up about 9:50am.
- Water and Powerade will be available on floors 15, 45 and once you get to the top floor. Additionally, there will be hydration stations at the post-event celebration.
- There will be a gear check for all climbers near the registration tables.
- You will receive a claim ticket that you will use to retrieve your gear after you climb.
- Items will stay in the gear check area until 1pm. After that, all unclaimed items will go back to our office. Items may be claimed until May 20th. After May 20th, all unclaimed items will be donated charity.
Climber Information and Etiquette
- Appropriate Attire: Wear comfortable clothing, appropriate for an intense cardio workout. Proper shoes are essential. Running, walking or cross training shoes are key to a successful climb.
- Your bib will be given to you when you pick up your race packet. Your bib must be worn and prominently displayed on yourself during the climb.
- Going down the stairs is strictly prohibited.
- While climbing, please pass on the inside. Slower climbers are asked to stay on the outside.
- If you must exit in case of emergency or you are unable to complete the climb, please seek a volunteer or medical staff for assistance to be properly escorted.
- Stairwell doors will be locked with the exception of every 4th floor with a volunteer medical staff on those floors.
- Do not exit any floor without security personnel.
- Family and friends will not be allowed on the top floor to wait for your to finish. However, they are allowed to wait for you on the 29th floor at the post-event party. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough space at the top.
32 or 64?
- All climbers will start at stairwell #1.
- If you are climbing only 32 floors, once you get to the top, you will be directed to the hydration station.
- If you are climbing 64 floors, when you get to the top, your timing chip will stop. You will be directed around to the elevators. Take the elevator down and go to stairwell #2. Your timing chip will start again when you begin climbing again. It will continue your time from the first stairwell.
- The post-event celebration with food, drinks, vendors and music will be on the 29th floor. We will not be having any activities outside.
- T-shirt pick-up will be on the 29th floor at the post-event party. To receive a t-shirt, give your race bib to the volunteer at the t-shirt table.
- Family and friends are welcome to wait for you at the post-event party.
- Awards will be given out about 11:30am, depending on when the times are announced. Firefighter awards will be given out about noon, depending on when the times are announced.
- The Firefighter Challenge will begin around 11:00am or later, depending on when the civilian climbers finish.
- Firefighters are required to wear full gear: helmet, gloves, boots, and pants and jackets with liners. Tank and ax are not allowed.
- All firefighters will be uniform checked to make sure that everyone has the appopriate attire- to make it an equal race for all.
Thanks for your commitment to the cause! Your continued support makes an important difference in the Fight For Air!