If you are a team captain, download the team captain's handbook.
Fight for Air Events are a great way to bring people together to work toward a common goal.
Once you REGISTER for the Fight For Air Climb Atlanta event, you should receive a thank you email with a "Welcome Packet" of resources and attachments for your use in promoting the event, fundraising and forming teams. We have several promotional flyers, posters, fundraising letters, fundraising tips, training tips & more at our fingertips. Please do not hesitate to ask us anything...we want to be at your side every STEP of the way!
To help you prepare, please contact Todd Liscomb at 770-434-5864 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about exercises and TEAM Training Plans to help you do your best.
What is a team?
- A team consists of a captain and at least three additional team members. A team may have more than one captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Friends and Family or even Fire Fighter teams, Police Departments and more. However, we encourage all teams to be inclusive and recruit from many areas. Some of our best corporate teams consist of company members and their families and friends.
- Each team member is encouraged to raise money toward achieving a world free of lung disease.
- Monies raised by individuals on a team combine to make that team’s fundraising total.
What does it cost?
- There is no fee for registering a team, but each individual is responsible for a $25.00 registration fee and a $100.00 fundraising minimum.
- Teams may invest in team shirts, team jerseys, a team tent, or other items, but those costs are at the discretion of the team or supporting company.
- REMEMBER: a team's money can be moved around to cover the $100 minimum requirement of each individual. Of course, our goal is to strive to go well beyond the minimum!
Why do we like teams?
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association and raise awareness of healthy lungs and air as well as the programs we offer.
- Teams provide a support mechanism for members during the training and fundraising season.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- Teams generate enthusiasm before, during, and after the event.
Why should you form a team?
- The best reason to form a team is to join the fight for healthy lungs and air! Money raised by our participants directly fund programs, services, research and advocacy.
- You want to join the fun. Not only is this a unique event in our community, your team gets to enjoy it together!
- Teams provide a way for people to come together. The Fight for Air events provide a common goal for team members to rally around.
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
- Teams can win great prizes for spirit, fundraising and participation!
What tools are in place to assist the team captain?
- New to the team concept? Let us help! There are many resources and events available to team captains:
- Web Tools: As a participant, you have access to great online tools that you and your team members can use to register, send email messages, request and track donations, and monitor progress. Build a web page for your team and have each team member create a personal page, too!
- Emails: We’ll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with regular emails tailored to help you with recruitment, organization, and fundraising.
- Prize Club: Team members are encouraged to strive for Clubs that recognize great fundraising efforts. Prizes are included to entice.
- Internal kick offs and informational meetings: Our event managers/volunteers are always available to meet with you to help promote your team’s recruitment and fundraising efforts. We’ll provide you with creative ideas and give you all the support and encouragement you need to step it up.
Is there a set Training Program for this year's Climb event?
**NEW THIS WEEK!! Starting March 1st!! Train in the actual stairwells of One Ninety One Peachtree Tower! FREE training sessions with Resolution Fitness, an Upscale Fitness and Wellness Club for Downtown Atlanta Professionals. They're located on the Third Floor of 191 Peachtree Tower, Atlanta, Georgia 30303. MUST be registered for the Fight For Air Climb Atlanta event to participate in this training.
If you're not a member of a TEAM yet, please consider joining Team Resolution Fitness today! **REMEMBER** You can register as a "TEAM" and be the only team member until people start joining your team! Add members as you go along!
The Climb!: Fight For Air Climb Atlanta Training Series This specialty class will add some fun into your routine, as we climb our way to the top of the stairwell. You will see a transformation in your body and all this hard work is for a great cause...help raise money for the American Lung Association in Georgia. Class will meet in the lobby of the Fitness Center. ALL LEVELS ENCOURAGED. Class will be held 3/1/12-4/19/12.
MONDAY @ 5:30pm: The Climb!: Training Series
Lobby Area of Fitness Ctr.
Erika (30 min.)
TUESDAY @ 11:30am: The Climb!: Training Series
Lobby Area of Fitness Ctr.
Erika (30 min)
WEDNESDAY @ 11:30am: The Climb!: Training Series
Lobby Area of Fitness Ctr.
Ralyn (30 min.)
THURSDAY @ 11:30am: The Climb!: Training Series
Lobby Area of Fitness Ctr.
Ralyn (30 min.)
Additional opportunities for this year's Fight For Air Climb Atlanta Training Program:
Dan FitzSimons leads a staff of dedicated, certified professionals who make it their business to define your goals and help you reach them. A dedicated athlete, coach and educator he opened BodyFitz Certified Personal Training because his whole life has been about fitness, health and recreation. Throughout his high school and college years, Dan participated in track & field, throwing shot put, discus and javelin. He played football for the UConn Huskies. He coached high school track and football while teaching physical education. Recently Dan competed in the Assault on Mt. Mitchell for the 3rd time, as well the Mt Washington Hill Climb. He’s excited to compete in sprint triathlons this year. *Dan will be leading FREE conditioning classes at BodyFitz in Sandy Springs every Thurs. night, (2/2-4/26) at 6:30pm and every other Sat., (2/4-4/14) at 10:30am. Please contact BodyFitz in advance to schedule a session, 404-255-4008 or email@example.com You DO NOT have be registered for the Fight For Air Climb Atlanta to participate...we want you to try it out and hopefully entice you to register!
Peachtree Road Boot Camp instructor Chip Owens is a graduate of military college, The Citadel and still holds school records there for the Indoor Track Mile, (4:17.30, 3rd all-time) as well as the Outdoor Track 3,000 meters, (8:44.04, 2nd all-time). While working as a stock broker in Atlanta for the last 25 years, he has maintained fitness through daily exercise. He is an elite runner who has won many championships over decades. He created and has operated a fitness Boot Camp at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church for over 5 years. Over 1,000 participants have worked out with him in Peachtree Road Boot Camp, ideal for people of all fitness levels. Each participant is encouraged to come back day after day by creating a tight-knit community and by pushing his students beyond what they are capable of. *Chip will lead FREE Stair Climb simulated cross-training workouts, (based on popularity) from his Peachtree Road Boot Camp at 5:55am on Monday mornings from 2/13/12 - 4/23/12. MUST contact Chip in advance to schedule workout, firstname.lastname@example.org You DO NOT have be registered for the Fight For Air Climb Atlanta to participate...we want you to try it out and hopefully entice you to register!
JoAnna Ward Fitness, Inc., is a Corporate Health, Fitness Training, and Wellness organization that helps create, strengthen, and build community and individual efforts to enhance overall fitness, well being, health, and lifestyle. JoAnna Ward is an AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) certified fitness instructor who made her world debut on CBS's "Survivor 6: Amazon" and became famously known as the "Hallelujah Lady". She attended college in South Carolina after being recruited on a basketball scholarship. In response to the rising epidemic of obesity and health related illnesses, JoAnna made the decision to utilize her proven track record and expertise to develop creative, effective, and informative community fitness programs. She has helped hundreds of people lose thousands of pounds and overcome obesity and inactivity through her workouts. *JoAnna will be leading MOST of the FREE stair climb simulated workouts on Wednesday nights at Phidippides Sandy Springs, 6:15pm AND Thursday nights, Phidippides Ansley/Midtown, 6:30pm, (2/8-4/26). If she is not able to make it, you will be given a (1) page recommended stair climb type workout to do on your own or with a friend. Phidippides has FREE regularly scheduled group training run/walks during this time period as well. You DO NOT have be registered for the Fight For Air Climb Atlanta to participate...we want you to try it out and hopefully entice you to register!