Each year, too many lives are lost to lung disease and this is your chance to climb, raise money and make an impact in their honor. By joining the Fight for Air Climb Miami, you're making the commitment to fight lung disease so everyone can breathe easier- including you!
Families, individuals, firefighters and teams join together in a stair climb to raise awareness for the 35 million Americans who suffer from asthma. During the months prior to the Fight For Air Climb Miami, participants not only get their bodies and lungs in shape by training, they also work together to fundraise so that lung disease can be prevented and so that lung health can be promoted! Please join the thousands of individuals across the nation who believe in the cause and will climb in their communities as well.
General Event Information
- Interested participants may register for the 2013 Fight For Air Climb Miami at any time on the www.fightforairclimbmiami.org website.
- Click here for registration instructions!
- The climb will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2013 at the Southeast Financial Center in downtown Miami.
- Event day check-in/registration will open at 7:30 AM and the first climber will begin at 8:30 AM.
- Participants will begin the climb in 15-30 second intervals, and will be assigned a specific start time.
- Start times will be emailed to participants and posted on the event website the week of the event.
- The race is professionally timed by Split Second Timing and the top 3 participants and teams in specific age and gender categories will be awarded with personalized plaques. Plaques are mailed to the winning participants & teams within 2-4 weeks of the event.
- The top fundraising individuals and teams will also receive personalized plaques.
- ALL participants will receive a medal and an official event t-shirt for their participation and support!
- For more information regarding awards including age categories, please visit the FAQ page.
- After participants make their way to the top of the Southeast Financial Center, we invite them to head down to the building's courtyard and enjoy music, food and entertainment!
- We encourage participants to invite friends and family members to attend the event for a $10 spectator fee! Spectators have access to the top floor to support participants and take photos as climbers cross the finish line. Spectators also get to enjoy all of the food, drinks, and entertainment at the post-climb party!
Directions & Parking
The Southeast Financial Center is located at the following address:200 S. Biscayne Blvd.Miami, FL 33131
(To obtain directions to the building, please click here and type in your address.)
The Southeast Financial Center is comprised of 2 attached buildings, one of which is a 15-story annex building that houses the parking garage. Parking will be free in the Southeast Financial Center parking garage the day of the event, and all event participants are urged to park there for cost and convenience purposes. Should participants decide to park elsewhere, the American Lung Association will not be responsible for parking fees.
Please pay special attention to the parking garage's height limit for vehicles and do not attempt to park in the garage if your vehicle is taller than 7 feet!
Training, Preparation and Event Day Climbing Information
If you haven't yet started to train for our 54-story stair climb, don't forget that our host building, the Southeast Financial Center, has opened its stairwell doors to you for training purposes. The building is open for training to registered participants every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and 5:00- 7:00 p.m.
You'll be required to check in with the security desk in the lower lobby and will need to provide them with your ID. The security desk will have a list of registered participants that we send to them every Monday and Wednesday. That being said, if you register on a Monday or Wednesday evening and plan to train at the building the very next morning, you will need to print a copy of your registration confirmation and show it to the security team when you check-in. To locate the security desk, you’ll need to go through the stainless steel double doors right next to the Au Bon Pain in the lower lobby.
The interior stairwell doors on every floor always remain locked for the safety of the building's tenants, so please note that you'll not only have to climb up the stairwell, but back down as well. Train with a friend, bring your own water bottle, and make sure you're dressed appropriately.
For Training Tips and Event Day Climbing Information, please click here!
As a registered participant, you're responsible for raising a minimum of $100 on top of your registration fee to be eligible to climb. This is easier than you think! Its as simple as asking 10 friends for $10. Once you register, you'll also gain access to your own personal fundraising page, which allows you to fundraise via email with the click of a "Send" button!
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. The American Lung Association ® is a registered 501 (c) 3 organization.
If sending in donations in the form of checks, please make sure they have been made payable to the American Lung Association of Florida and send to:
American Lung Association of Florida
Attn: Randee Reed, Fight for Air Climb Miami
2020 S. Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Check out the Fundraising Tips page found under the "Get Involved" tab on the website's homepage. If you need additional help meeting your fundraising goal, please contact Randee Reed at 954-745-8409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The American Lung Association staff is happy to help coach and provide fast and efficient ideas to help you reach your fundraising goal. An event information and fundraising packet is also available to help you reach your fundraising minimum, and will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of completing your online registration.