San Francisco Fire Challenge
The Fight For Air Climb, a signature event for The American Lung Association, is a unique and exciting community event designed to draw new supporters to the American Lung Association’s mission. Participants climb, as teams or individuals, the 1,197 stairs of 555 California (Bank of America Building) San Francisco, finishing on the 52nd floor with a 360 view of the city and a great celebration party.
Your participation supports the American Lung Association’s research, advocacy and education to study the effects of asthma, lung cancer and other lung diseases that disproportionately affect firefighters.
Join your community and support our efforts to raise funds to help the more than 37 million American living with chronic lung disease today.
Please consider participating in our First Responders Division’s Firefighter Challenge!
- Take the Challenge: Join your Battalion’s team with colleagues to climb in honor or memory of someone with lung disease. Teams of four or more firefighters will compete for the title of fastest Fire Department in the Greater Bay Area, winning the coveted traveling trophy to proudly display in your station. San Francisco Fire will also have a Team Challenge of their own.
San Francisco Fire Team Challenge will be between Battalions and will have the following events:
- Fastest Battalion (top four members)
- Largest Battalion Participation (most team members)
- Top Fundraising Battalion (most overall $$ raised)
- Fastest Individual Climber
- Top Individual Fundraiser
There will be a traveling trophy for each battalion challenge and a plaque for each individual challenge. Participants do not need to be an employee of SF Fire, family and friends are welcome to join your teams.
JOIN NOW (Click on your team link below to register.)