CALLING ALL FIREFIGHTER, POLICE OFFICER, EMS AND MILITARY PERSONNEL! STEP UP. GEAR UP. BE PART OF THE FIRST RESPONDERS CHALLENGE!
The Fight for Air Climb is not only a great training exercise and personal challenge, but it also is a great way to build camaraderie and boost team morale. Your team also will be part of an effort to raise valuable funds and awareness for the American Lung Association. There are two categories in the First Responder Challenge: firefighters and uniformed service. All climbers are timed using an electronic chip timing system. Each group has its own set of guidelines for competition.
For Event Information, click here.
Questions? Visit the FAQ page.
2013 Firefighter Challenge Winners Fastest Team Fastest Individual Top Firefighter Fundraising Team Top Firefighter Fundraiser
Nomex Ninjas, CRFA-Class 20
Alexander Schmidt, Nomex Ninjas
Ronnie's River Rats, Courtland Fire Department
Chadwick Walker, Nomex Ninjas
2013 Firefighter Challenge Winners
Top Firefighter Fundraising Team
Top Firefighter Fundraiser
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- You must have 5 members to qualify for the Fastest Fire Department Team award. Members do not have to be from the same department.
- All firefighters on the team MUST sign up for the Single Climb. Single Climb times are the only times that will be counted. (Firefighters that would like to climb more than once can, but only the first single climb up will be timed.)
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Put the name of your fire department (or the Team Captain's fire department if team members are from multiple departments) in the "Team Company" field
- Each team member must sign up for the Single Climb.
- Each team member must designate "Firefighter/EMT Challenge" to the question on the registration page "Are you participating in a Climb Challenge?"
Must be structural firefighting gear adhering to NFPA 1971. Both coat and bunker pants MUST have the liner in place. Failure to have a liner will result in your time not being counted toward the Firefighter Division awards. Bunker pants must be worn. 3/4 coats are permissible.
All boots must be structural firefighting boots. Rubber, leather & lace up boots will be permitted, provided they are fire rated. No station boots will be permitted when qualifying for the trophy. Again, boots must be structural firefighting boots.
Gloves are optional.
HELMET & HOOD
Firefighter helmets are mandatory, hoods are optional.
Optional, but it is recommended that some sort of clothing be worn
ARE NOT ALLOWED (i.e., axe, halligan, pike pole, etc.)
- Any EMS team is more than welcome in the Firefighter competition provided they meet the above requirements.
Fire Fighter Awards (in addition to standard event awards – firefighters can qualify for two additional awards)
- Fastest Team – traveling trophy (4 fastest times from each team are averaged to determine winning team)
- Fastest Individual
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Fundraising Individual
Fastest Team Traveling Trophy
Each year a new winner will take it home!