5th Annual Fight For Air Climb, Sacramento
Saturday, April 12, 2014 * Wells Fargo Center * Downtown Sacramento
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $10 off registration fee until January 31, 2014
Fight for Air Climbs are the American Lung Association’s most unique fundraiser. Climbs take place in prominent skyscrapers, stadiums or arenas and involve walking, running or racing up hundreds of steps. Sometimes called a "vertical road race", teams and individual participants can use the event as a fitness target, as a race, or as a great way to be active and meet new friends.
We know a lot about lung disease, but there is so much we don't know. Your participation will raise the funds necessary to provide lifesaving education, research and advocacy so we can beat lung disease and soon find a cure.
Each year, too many lives are lost to lung disease and this is your chance to climb, raise money and make an impact in their honor. By joining the Fight for Air Climb, you are making the commitment to fight lung disease so everyone can breathe easier- including you!
CHECK OUT 2014 CLIMB KICKOFF PARTY PHOTOS!
Wells Fargo Center
400 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
Families, individuals and teams climb together to raise funds and awareness for the 35 million Americans who suffer from asthma. Join the thousands of individuals across the nation who believe in the cause and will climb in their communities as well.
You can get involved by:
- Registering as a Team Captain
- Joining an existing Team as a new registrant
- Signing up as an individual registrant
- Sponsoring the event
- Joining the event planning committee
- Making a contribution supporting a registrant
- Firefighter/EMT Challenge
You may register at any time leading up to the Fight For Air Climb by choosing the appropriate option under "Sign Up" in the menu bar. Options include: Start a Team, Join a Team, Join as Individual or Volunteer.
- $25 for Single Climb
- $25 for Double Climb
Fundraising Minimum: Each participant is required to raise $100 (in addition to the registration fee) by the day of the Climb. If you have not raised your $100 minimum by event day, the participant will be asked to make up the balance either via credit card, check or cash.
You will not be allowed to climb unless you have raised or paid the full $100 minimum.
Incentive Prizes: All participants who individually raise at least $100 will receive a complimentary t-shirt. For those who raise $150+, other incentive prizes apply. Click here to find out more.
Fundraising Tips: Whether you are participating as part of a corporate team, a friends and family team, or as an individual these quick tips are sure to help you maximize your fundraising efforts! Coaching packets and trainings are available. Please contact Kevin Ciacco for more details (916-585-7666) or click here to log in to your participant center.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. The American Lung Association® is a registered 501(c)3 organization.
Please make checks payable to the American Lung Association in California, and include either an offline donation form or a note to let us know which participant or team you are donating to so we may give them credit. All checks should be sent to:. American Lung Association in California
1531 I Street, Suite 201
Sacramento, CA 95814.
TEAM CAPTAINS & INDIVIDUAL CLIMBERS: You MUST choose a wave time.** Please note that waves are capped at 40 climbers, as waves are filled they will be removed from the registration process.
- Special wave times: 9:00a - First Responders (fire fighters, police officers, EMTs),9:10a - Competitive Group I, 9:20a - Competitive Group II
- Waves are every 10 minutes until noon.
|DATE: Thursday, April 10
TIME: 9:30a - 7:00p
LOCATION: Sports Authority, 1700 Arden Way, Sacramento (map)
STORE DISCOUNT: 15% off, store-wide, to all Climbers during packet pick-up
- Climbers that have raised their $100 minimum or are bringing in donations to meet their minimum are eligible
- Team Captains can pick-up packets for their teammates that have made the $100 minimum or if they are bringing in donations for teammates to meet the $100 minimum
WHAT TO DO ON CLIMB DAY
Participants are asked to arrive one hour before your wave time to have enough time to check in, check your gear, pick up your t-shirt, sign off on any paperwork, turn in additional donations and stretch.
Check in and registration will be as follows if you:
- Have met your fundraising minimum, proceed to the Express Check in.
- Need to turn in donations to meet your fundraising minimum, proceed to General Check in.
- Have friends or family that want to register and participate on April 6 - there will be a Day of Registration Check in. Participants must pay the $25 registration fee and provide a credit card to meet the fundraising minimum.
Information for check in:
- If you have raised any donations (via the website) after 10am on Friday, April 5, please print a report of your total donations (reports are available in by logging in and going to the "progress' tab). Check in reports will be pulled on early Friday and may not reflect donations received after that time.
- We will be unable to reassign any donations from one participant to another to help achieve the fundraising minimum. Please talk to Kevin Ciacco (916-585-7666, email@example.com) BEFORE Climb day if you are fundraising as a team.
- There is no transfer of registration. If a person is sick or injured, another may not take their place.
- Any person under the age of 18, must have an adult accompany them to the event and must have a parent or guardian sign off on a special waiver (contact me to get this
in advance if needed).
- Children under the age of 7 are not permitted to participate.
The American Lung Association will be offering a gear check; however, participants are encouraged to bring as little as possible to this event.
Family members and friends are invited to attend with you; however the number is limited and they need a guest pass. They will only be able to stay in the party area and must have a BLUE wrist band to attend (available at all check in stations).
The After Party is going to be AMAZING - there will be music, mimosas, refreshments, cool down yoga stretch, massages, a health fair and more!
AWARDS CATEGORIES AND AWARD CEREMONY
Come celebrate your fundraising & climbing accomplishments at the Awards Ceremony. The Award Ceremony will take place 4-6 weeks following the event. Please check back for an exact date and location.
Awards given to the winners of the following categories:
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Fundraising Company
- Top Firefighter Individual Fundraiser
- Top Firefighter Team Fundraiser
Check out last year’s Overall Climb Time Results:
Medals given to the top finishers in each of the following categories:
Firefighter & EMT Challenge
From the Bay Area
Travel east on I-80. In West Sacramento, I-80 becomes the Capital City Freeway (Business 80). Do not take the I-80 Reno split. Take the Downtown Sacramento/Jefferson Boulevard exit, and follow the signs to Downtown Sacramento. After crossing the Sacramento River on the Tower Bridge, turn right onto 4th Street (the second signal). Enter the Wells Fargo Center parking garage on the left.
From Folsom/El Dorado Hills/Lake Tahoe
Travel west on Hwy-50 to I-5 North toward Redding. Before merging onto I-5, take the first exit, Q Street. Travel two blocks, and turn left on 5th Street. Cross over N Street. Enter the Wells Fargo Center parking garage on the left.
Travel west on I-80 to I-5 south toward Los Angeles. Exit on J Street, then turn right onto 3rd Street. Travel three blocks, then turn left onto Capitol Mall. Turn right onto 4th Street. Enter the Wells Fargo Center parking garage on the left.
From South Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto
Travel north on I-5. Travel north on I-5. Exit on Q Street. Travel two blocks and turn left on 5th Street. Cross over N Street. Enter the Wells Fargo Center parking garage on the left.
From Sacramento International Airport
From the airport parking lot, take the I-5 freeway south toward Los Angeles. Exit on J Street, then turn right onto 3rd Street. Travel three blocks and turn left onto Capitol Mall. Turn right onto 4th Street. Enter the Wells Fargo Center parking garage on the left.
The closest light rail station for all lines is on 7th and Capitol. Bus stops are located on L Street.
Click here to look at bus and light rail routes and schedules.
Parking is available at Wells Fargo Center for $8.
Top Climber VIP Parking is available at **Badge Required**
There are bike racks and bike lockers located on the ground floor in the parking garage in the 4th Street side of the building. Bikers will need to bring their own locks.