Firefighters & EMT Challenge
Join us in the fight for healthy lungs and clean air and show us what you’re made of. You may be doing this climb to test yourself, to compete against rival departments or even to see if you can make it…
For Event Information, click here.
Questions? Visit the FAQ page.
2012 Firefighter Challenge Winners
Top Firefighter Fundraising Team
Top Firefighter Fundraiser
Fire Fighter & EMT Challenge Downloads:
- Fire Fighter Challenge Poster Printable: (Adobe PDF)
- Fire Fighter Challenge Flyer Printable: (Adobe PDF)
- Fire Fighter Challenge Gear Requirement Flyer Printable: (Adobe PDF)
Here's what you need to know:
- You must have 5 members to qualify for the Fastest Fire Department Team award. Members do not have to be from the same department.
- All firefighters on the team MUST sign up for the Single Climb. Single Climb times are the only times that will be counted. (Firefighters that would like to climb more than once can, but only the first single climb up will be timed.)
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Put the name of your fire department (or the Team Captain's fire department, if team members are from multiple departments) in the "Team Company" field
- Each team member must sign up for the Single Climb.
- Each team member must designate "Firefighter/EMT Challenge" to the question on the registration page "Are you participating in a Climb Challenge?"
Must be structural firefighting gear adhering to NFPA 1971. Both coat and bunker pants MUST have the liner in place. Failure to have a liner will result in your time not being counted toward the Firefighter Division awards. Bunker pants must be worn. 3/4 coats are permissible.
All boots must be structural firefighting boots. Rubber, leather & lace up boots will be permitted, provided they are fire rated. No station boots will be permitted when qualifying for the trophy. Again, boots must be structural firefighting boots.
Gloves are optional.
HELMET & HOOD
Firefighter helmets are mandatory, hoods are optional.
Optional, but it is recommended that some sort of clothing be worn
WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (i.e., axe, halligan, pike pole, etc.)
- Any EMS team is more than welcome in the Firefighter competition provided they meet the above requirements.
Fire Fighter Awards (in addition to standard event awards – firefighters can qualify for two additional awards)
Fastest Team – traveling trophy (4 fastest times from each team are averaged to determine winning team)
Top Fundraising Team
Top Fundraising Individual
Each year a new winner will take it home!
Scott Pfeifer, Fire Captain, West Sacramento Fire Department
Accepting the Fastest Team Trophy at the 2012 Fight For Air Climb Awards Ceremony at Monsoon Indian Restaurant