Climb for Clean Air & Healthy Lungs!
Cops, Firefighters, Emergency Medical Personnel & Military
Join us in the fight for clean air and healthy lungs and show us what you're made of!
You may be doing this climb to test yourself, to compete against rival departments or even to see if you can make it to the top. Whatever your reason, we CHALLENGE you to join us at the 5th Annual Fight For Air Climb - Los Angeles this March 31, 2012.
As a special thank you for your service, we offer you FREE registration. Just use the code Hero (case sensitive) at the time of registration and the $25 fee will be waived. Please note our event does carry a $100 fundraising minimum per person.
"Keeping my lungs healthy is a lot to worry about in my line of work. So it's nice knowing the American Lung Association is fighting for us to breathe clean air, and working to support those suffering from lung disease."
Jeremy Henderson, 2012 Fight For Air Climb Firefighter Challenge Chair
Given to winners in each category...
- Fastest Team (teams of at least 4, top 4 times will be averaged) - Traveling Trophy
- Fastest male/female - Medal
- Highest fundraiser - Medal
Fire Department Challenge
Compete in the Firefighter Challenge! Your participation supports research, advocacy and education to study the effects of asthma, lung cancer and other lung diseases that disproportionately affect firefighters.
Teams of four or more firefighters will compete for the title of fastest Fire Department winning the coveted traveling trophy to proudly display in your station. Firefighters climb in full gear*. Firefighters can also climb in the Individual Firefighter Challenge for the title of the fastest firefighter.
*Gear requirements - for those participating in the Firefighters Challenge in full gear.
- The Fight For Air Climb will be done in FULL structural firefighting gear: boots, pants, and coat (liners intact), helmet and gloves. Hoods will not be worn. Tanks and hoses optional. Axes prohibited.
- Each firefighter participant is required to use gear which meets current NFPA structural firefighting standards. Gear that is not issued by your department for structural firefighting must meet NFPA 1971-2007 for structural firefighting.
2011 Firefighter Challenge Winners
Fastest Team: Battalion 1 Second to None!, Riverside County Fire Department - 20:32
Fastest Male: Jeremy Henderson - 18:04
Fastest Female: Amber Henderson - 24:28
Traveling Firefighter Trophy - now living at Riverside County Fire Department
Police Department Challenge
Teams of at least 4 members compete to see who will be the fastest squad up the stairs. Make it even more interesting and compete against the Fire Fighters who will be climbing in 60 lbs. of gear.