Toolkit: Helping New Health Insurance Enrollees Quit Tobacco
This toolkit is designed to help build relationships between tobacco control and public health professionals and healthcare enrollment assistors to help new insurance enrollees quit tobacco.
- Background factsheet: Ways to Help Consumers Apply & Enroll in Health Coverage Through the Marketplace (note that the open enrollment dates listed in this document are not current – visit this site for information about open enrollment dates)
- Background factsheet: Who is Enrolling in Medicaid Expansion and State Health Insurance Marketplaces?
- State Health Insurance Marketplace Types
- Medicaid Expansion – New Opportunities for Public Health(December 10, 2014)
Building a Strategy
- Lists of organizations in the states
- Navigators and In Person Assistors: Navigator Grant Recipients for States with a Federally-facilitated or State Partnership Marketplace
- Certified Application Counselors: LocalHelp.healthcare.gov (Search by zip code or type in state name to get a full list for a state)
- Developing an Outreach Strategy: Points to Consider
- Outreach to Assistors: What to Say and What to Bring