Monitoring Trends in Lung Disease: Data & Statistics
The American Lung Association Epidemiology and Statistics Unit monitors trends in lung disease and behavioral risk factors. We analyze raw data from government surveys available through the National Center for Health Statistics and other agencies to develop reports on lung disease mortality, prevalence, hospitalization, economic costs and risk factors.
Trend Reports are data-rich and intended for professional audiences as they provide more in-depth statistics than our other lung disease reports.
Publications provide statistics and general information on important lung health issues and are mostly intended for public audiences, although they can be valuable resources for professionals as well.
Additional data on lung disease topics can also be found using our Lung Disease Lookup.
- Trends in Asthma Morbidity and Mortality (September 2012)
- Trends in COPD (Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema) Morbidity and Mortality (March 2013)
- Trends in Lung Cancer Morbidity and Mortality (November 2014)
- Trends in Pneumonia and Influenza Morbidity and Mortality (November 2015)
- Trends in Tobacco Use (July 2011)
- Trends in Tuberculosis Morbidity and Mortality (April 2013)