Turquoise Takeover 2017
The American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE initiative—nationally presented by CVS Health—is uniting women and their loved ones across the country to stand together against lung cancer, the #1 cancer killer of women and men. Turquoise is the signature color of LUNG FORCE, with your help, we can turn the nation turquoise.
We are encouraging women and men to take a stand against lung cancer by showing their LUNG FORCE.
This year, Turquoise Takeover and National Women's Lung Health Week (May 7–13) will be highlighting a special new social campaign asking you to #ShowYourLUNGFORCE to demonstrate the many ways we use our lungs every day:
- Upload a video or photo to your social channels – Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – illustrating how you Show Your LUNG FORCE and use the hashtag #ShowYourLUNGFORCE
- Tag three of your friends and challenge them to do the same
- Donate directly from the LUNG FORCE Facebook page or donate on our website. 100% of the proceeds will go towards lung cancer research.
When you create your #ShowYourLUNGFORCE video, be sure to incorporate the following points:
- [IF APPLICABLE] Thank you to [INSERT FRIEND NAME] for nominating me to #ShowYourLUNGFORCE.
- I show my LUNG FORCE to raise awareness of lung cancer in women.
- I challenge [INSERT NAMES OF 3 FRIENDS) to Show Your LUNG FORCE, and donate on LUNGFORCE.org, or the LUNG FORCE Facebook page.
In addition, supporters can also visit CVS Pharmacy locations from May 7 – 27 to make a donation of $1, $3 or more to raise funds for LUNG FORCE.
Early detection and treatment of lung cancer translates to higher survival rates, however only 18% of lung cancer cases among women are diagnosed early, when the disease is most treatable.
- In fact, survival rates are five times higher when lung cancer is detected early.
- Awareness of lung cancer and lung cancer screening options for those at high risk is critical for early detection.
- However, awareness is critically low, nearly all women (98%) don't even have lung cancer on their health radar.
Thank you for your involvement and support! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.