Thank you for your willingness to call your three representatives in Washington, D.C. about key lung health priorities including the importance of quality and affordable healthcare, and increased funding for the National Institutes of Health. In order to maximize the effectiveness of your calls, please call on Wednesday, April 5.
NOTE: Use our web tool to find the name and phone number of your representative. Enter your ZIP code, and on the page that comes up next, click “+” to expand the listing and access full contact information for each member. Please only call the office of the two Senators and the one House member that represents your state and congressional district (three calls total). Congressional offices in Washington have been getting a lot of calls so if you can’t get through, the link above also provides phone numbers to their state offices.
- My name is XXXXXX and I’m calling from [INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR HOMETOWN CITY.]
- I’m calling Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] today because I care about lung health.
- I’m very troubled about American Health Care Act that the House of Representatives considered last month. That bill moved our healthcare system in the wrong direction. Any healthcare legislation that Congress considers must increase the number of Americans who are insured and also cover key health protections, including preventive services like lung cancer screening.
- I’d like Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] to support increased funding for the National Institutes of Health so we can have better treatments and improved early detection for lung cancer.
- [INSERT BRIEF PERSONAL STORY ABOUT WHY ONE OR BOTH OF THESE ISSUES MATTER TO YOU.]
- Can I count on Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] to support increasing funding for the National Institutes of Health so we can have better treatments and improved early detection for lung cancer?
- Thank you.