Questions to Ask Your Doctor About RSV
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Am I/Is my baby at risk for severe RSV infection?
- Am I/Is my baby a candidate for palivizumab?
- When is the RSV season in our area?
- Do I/Does my baby need to take any medication?
- Am I/Is my baby contagious?
- Am I/Is my baby allowed to drink while they are sick?
- Can my other children get sick too?
- Should I allow my parents to hold or kiss the baby?
- My baby was diagnosed with RSV. Can we still go to family events?
- My baby has RSV but he is not very sick. Is it OK to take him to see sick relatives?
- My baby had RSV-related bronchiolitis when she was 6 months old. Is she going to have asthma as she grows older?
This content was developed in partnership with the CHEST Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American College of Chest Physicians.