Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- What is the cause of my PAH?
- How advanced is my disease?
- How often do you treat this problem?
- Do I need to be referred to a specialist in PAH?
- What medicine choices are available to me?
- Why did we choose this particular medication?
- Does this medication have any interactions with other medications that I currently take?
- Are there any types of medications that I should avoid?
- Is an exercise program appropriate for me?
- Would I benefit from pulmonary rehabilitation?
- Are there any new developments in exercise or treatment?
- Is it safe for me to travel?
- What are my options for avoiding pregnancy?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Is there a patient support group in this area?
- Where can I find additional reliable information on this disease?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel. Last reviewed August 4, 2016.
Page Last Updated: March 16, 2018