Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- What is the cause of my PAH?
- How advanced is my disease?
- How often do you treat this problem?
- Do I need to be referred to a specialist in PAH?
- What medicine choices are available to me?
- Why did we choose this particular medication?
- Does this medication have any interactions with other medications that I currently take?
- Are there any types of medications that I should avoid?
- Is an exercise program appropriate for me?
- Would I benefit from pulmonary rehabilitation?
- Are there any new developments in exercise or treatment?
- Is it safe for me to travel?
- What are my options for avoiding pregnancy?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Is there a patient support group in this area?
- Where can I find additional reliable information on this disease?
This content was developed in partnership with the CHEST Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American College of Chest Physicians.
Approved by Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel. Last reviewed August 4, 2016.