Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD)
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Could I have PCD?
- Why do you think I could have PCD?
- Do I need special tests for PCD?
- What do I need to do to keep myself as healthy as possible for as long as possible, especially my lungs?
- Do I have any infections that might need treatment?
- Do I need, or will I need, intravenous (drip) antibiotics?
- Will I need a lung transplant at any stage?
- How about having children? Will I be able? Will they have PCD?
- Do I need to take any special precautions to stay healthy?
This content was developed in partnership with the CHEST Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American College of Chest Physicians.