Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Pneumoconiosis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Did exposure to a dust affect my lungs? What kinds of dusts may have caused a problem, and how can I avoid them?
- Am I at risk for pneumoconiosis? Do my job and work environment put me at risk?
- If I am at risk for pneumoconiosis, what kind of testing should I have?
- What symptoms should I look for if I am worried about pneumoconiosis?
- If I have pneumoconiosis, how often do I need to come to the doctor?
- How often do I need to have breathing tests or chest X-rays?
- Should I use oxygen?
- How will having pneumoconiosis affect my life expectancy?
- Should I have a pneumonia vaccine and a flu shot? When and where can I get these vaccines?
- What kind of exercise could I do to help me get or stay in shape?
- Would pulmonary rehabilitation be a good idea for me?
- Am I at a healthy weight? What is a healthy weight for me?
- How can I stop smoking? What treatments or support are available to me?