Questions to Ask Your Doctor About NTM Pulmonary Disease
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Which strain of NTM do I have?
- What will happen if I am not treated for the infection?
- If treated, what drugs will I take and for how long?
- What are the potential side effects of treatment? How will you monitor me?
- Should I have surgery to remove the infected part of my lung?
- What is my chance of cure?
- Can I get infected again? If so, how can I prevent getting infected again?
- Am I contagious?
- Besides taking antibiotics, what other treatments can I take to improve my symptoms?
This content was developed in partnership with the CHEST Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American College of Chest Physicians.