Latest Lung Cancer News
Top Stories and Press Releases
- Lung Association to Increase Access to Quit Smoking Resources in Communities with Support from Anthem Foundation
March 31, 2016
- New Study: 104,000 Smokers Quit in 2014 Because of CDC’s Tips from Former Smokers Media Campaign
March 24, 2016
- Lung Cancer Advocates from Every State Take to Capitol Hill to Fight for More Research Funding
March 16, 2016
- New Momentum Research Award Targets Lung Cancer in Women
February 25, 2016
- Omnibus Appropriations Bill Boosts Lung Health Priorities
December 18, 2015
- LUNG FORCE Giving Day Aims to Raise Funds for Critical Lung Cancer Research
November 17, 2015
- National Plan to Fight the Second-leading Cause of Lung Cancer Announced
November 11, 2015
- Patti LaBelle, la cantante ganadora del premio Grammy, se asocia a LUNG FORCE de la American Lung Association para educar al público acerca del cáncer de pulmón
November 4, 2015
- Grammy Award-winning Singer Patti LaBelle Teams Up with American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE to Educate the Public about Lung Cancer
November 4, 2015
- State Medicaid Programs Can and Must Do More to Help Smokers Quit
October 29, 2015
LUNG FORCE Hero Wendy Sparks
Everyone loved Nikki. As the Director of Behavioral Health at the Oklahoma City Indian Clinic, and really throughout her career as a licensed professional counselor, Nikki reached many people, from foster children and those suffering from mental illness to those in the prison population. She always succeeded in what she did - quick to excel and swift to offer a helping hand. She cared about people, and people cared about her.
How Life Changes After Lung Cancer - 3 Stories
Coping with complex emotions, navigating treatment, finding support and learning to adapt are some of the challenges of living with lung cancer. These survivors share their experiences.
LUNG FORCE Turquoise Takeover - May 12-16
A wave of turquoise hit the Tribeca Grand Hotel at the American Lung Association's star-studded LUNG FORCE event. Country singer Kellie Pickler, and actresses Laura Dern and Valerie Harper were on-site to discuss their connections to lung cancer after the unveiling of the moving Share Your Voice video, which featured the stars and women affected by lung cancer across the country.
LUNG FORCE Walk New York 2015 - A Turquoise Takeover of South Street Seaport
The tents were up bright and early on the morning of May 16, 2015, despite the dark clouds looming over the seaport and a temporary downpour that left puddles of water around the LUNG FORCE Walk vendor booths. But as walkers started to arrive, the clouds began to part.
LUNG FORCE: Carolyn Ganaway and Arlise Ellis Remember Mother's Day
Carolyn Ganaway was 58 years old when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Her daughter Arlise was 39, but no matter your age, you're never prepared to hear the news that a loved one has cancer.
LUNG FORCE Hero Denise Hogan on Living with Her Lungs
Denise Hogan is a riot. She talks a mile a minute - never missing a beat. She's the epitome of petite, but her personality is far from it. In one word, she's a survivor.
LUNG FORCE: Jillian Flaherty Remembers Her Mom on Mother's Day
Jillian Flaherty was 20 years old when her mother, Brenda Villa, lost her battle with cancer.