Latest Lung Cancer News
Top Stories and Press Releases
- New Study Finds State Medicaid Expansion Programs Offering Quit Smoking Benefits to Help 3.3 Million Smokers Quit
December 8, 2016
- Next Step Towards Cleaner Cars Will Help Protect Health
November 30, 2016
- Awareness about COPD and Lung Cancer Essential to Diagnosis, Patient Treatment and Support, says American Lung Association
November 16, 2016
- Number of Adults Smoking Drops below 40 million for First Time in 50 Years
November 10, 2016
- New Report Finds 600,000 Child Deaths Per Year Attributed to Air Pollution
October 31, 2016
- Obama Administration Delays Necessary Tobacco Cessation Coverage Clarification
October 27, 2016
- Important New Collaboration to Fight Lung Cancer and Save Lives, says American Lung Association
October 26, 2016
- American Lung Association and MD Anderson Announce Effort to Improve Tobacco Cessation Treatment for Medicaid Enrollees
October 26, 2016
- New Research from American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE Finds Lung Cancer Awareness Remains Critically Low, Despite Being Leading Cancer Killer
October 25, 2016
- Residents Deserve Protections from Dangers of Secondhand Smoke in Multiunit Housing, says American Lung Association
October 20, 2016
5 Things to Know About Lung Cancer
Despite being the leading cancer killer in the U.S., lung cancer isn't always on everyone's radar. Learning more about lung cancer can help you better understand the disease, its risk factors and treatment.
Why We All Need to Come Together and Fight for Healthcare Coverage
More than 32 million Americans have some kind of lung disease - asthma, COPD (which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis), lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis or others - and each of them know that when you struggle to breathe, that's all that matters.
Where does your donation go?
Gifts to the American Lung Association come in many different forms - one-time donations, memorials, planned giving, funds raised through events, such as Fight For Air Climbs or LUNG FORCE Walks. No matter how you give, as good stewards, we are committed to making your donation go as far as possible with proven-effective strategies.Related Topic: Impact
Get Access to Quality Medical Coverage, Sign Up for Health Insurance
Health insurance through the Affordable Care Act benefits millions of Americans with lung disease, and open enrollment is happening right now.Related Topic: Health & Wellness
Stories of Lung Cancer Early Detection
Right now, the best way to detect lung cancer early is through lung cancer screening for high-risk individuals. But for too many people, lung cancer is found by chance.
Helping Our Veterans Breathe Easier
The members of our armed forces, active and veterans, make tremendous sacrifices to serve our country. Their lung health should not be one of them. They have earned all the support we can give them. This Veteran's Day, we talked to a decorated Gulf War veteran and learned how he, like a true Marine, is battling lung cancer head on.
Lung Cancer: What Everyone Should Know About Screening Options
In honor of Lung Cancer Awareness Month and in an effort to help more Americans learn about this disease, we asked Dr. Andrea McKee what everyone should know about lung cancer screening.
Why We Built a FORCE to Defeat Lung Cancer
More women than ever are dying of lung cancer, and in order to save lives we need to understand why.
The New Lung Cancer Interception Dream Team
Bringing together leaders from across disciplines, institutions, countries and specialties, the new Lung Cancer Interception Dream Team will be tasked with investigating early molecular or other changes that lead to cancer development with the ultimate goal to stop the progress of lung cancer before it starts.
Secondhand Smoke - Firsthand Risk
Today, 28 states and the District of Columbia have passed comprehensive laws to protect their citizens from secondhand smoke. Now it's time for the remaining 22 states to do the same.