Latest Lung Cancer News
Top Stories and Press Releases
- How Lung Cancer Treatment Advanced in 2016
January 23, 2017
- FDA Takes Historic Step in Proposing to Reduce Carcinogens in Smokeless Tobacco
January 19, 2017
- American Lung Association Hosts LUNG FORCE Expos, Showcasing Latest in Lung Health Research for Patients, Healthcare Providers
January 17, 2017
- Cleaner Cars Will Help Protect Public Health
January 13, 2017
- MEDIA ALERT: American Lung Association to Release ‘State of Tobacco Control’ Report, New Grading Category for Tobacco 21
January 11, 2017
- American Lung Association Highlights Three Easy Steps to Reduce Risk of the Second-Leading Cause of Lung Cancer
January 10, 2017
- CDC Launches 6th Year of Lifesaving ‘Tips from Former Smokers’ Campaign
January 9, 2017
- American Lung Association Encourages Awareness of Underutilized Lung Cancer Testing Option through ‘Tell a Friend about Tumor Testing’
January 9, 2017
- American Lung Association Calls on Senate to “Save Our Lungs” and Oppose House-Passed REINS Act
January 5, 2017
- American Lung Association Urges Senate to “Save Our Lungs” and Oppose House-passed Midnight Rules Relief Act
January 4, 2017
Why I Joined LUNG FORCE
Five years after losing her mother to lung cancer, LUNG FORCE Hero Heather P. shares her story with the hope of raising awareness, encouraging others and, someday, finding a cure.Related Topic: LUNG FORCE
Support from Day One
To say receiving a lung cancer diagnosis is overwhelming is an understatement. The day you hear those words, your life changes forever. Once you've had a moment to process the diagnosis, it is natural to think "Now what?"
Consider Clinical Trials for Lung Cancer
When it was time for Diane Legg to begin treatment for recurrent lung cancer, she asked her doctor about clinical trials.
Why Lung Cancer Screening Isn't for Never Smokers
Lung cancer is the number one cancer killer of both men and women. Why is the disease so fatal? One reason is that lung cancer does not often show symptoms until later stages when it has already spread. This makes early detection key and lung cancer screening so important for those at risk, particularly for those who have smoked heavily and for a long time.
Advocacy Day 2017: Together We Stand- Our Fight Against Lung Cancer
Nearly three years ago, the American Lung Association formed LUNG FORCE with the goal of uniting the nation against lung cancer, the leading cancer killer of both women and men in the U.S. Together, we are making lung cancer a cause people care about, driving policy change and increasing research funding.Related Topic: LUNG FORCE
Making Lung Cancer Stigma a Thing of the Past
When people reveal that they have been diagnosed with cancer, what should they expect to hear? One would hope they would receive words of support and encouragement. Unfortunately, when many lung cancer patients divulge their diagnosis, they are asked, Did you smoke? This knee-jerk response is the result of a stigma that has followed lung cancer for decades.
Women for Lung Health through the Decades
Much of our success wouldn't have been possible without the help of the many inspirational women who have advanced our mission along the way. In honor of Women's History Month, we recognize and thank the trailblazing women championing lung health.Related Topic: Impact
5 Things to Know About Lung Cancer
Despite being the leading cancer killer in the U.S., lung cancer isn't always on everyone's radar. Learning more about lung cancer can help you better understand the disease, its risk factors and treatment.
Why We All Need to Come Together and Fight for Healthcare Coverage
More than 32 million Americans have some kind of lung disease - asthma, COPD (which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis), lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis or others - and each of them know that when you struggle to breathe, that's all that matters.
Where does your donation go?
Gifts to the American Lung Association come in many different forms - one-time donations, memorials, planned giving, funds raised through events, such as Fight For Air Climbs or LUNG FORCE Walks. No matter how you give, as good stewards, we are committed to making your donation go as far as possible with proven-effective strategies.Related Topic: Impact