Latest Lung Cancer News
Top Stories and Press Releases
- LUNG FORCE Heroes from Every State Join American Lung Association to Advocate for Lung Cancer Patients on Capitol Hill
March 22, 2017
- American Lung Association Announces Call for Ideas for First-Ever Lung Cancer Interception Dream Team
February 7, 2017
- Federal, State Leaders Disregard Proven Ways to Prevent, Reduce Tobacco Use and Save Lives, Finds American Lung Association Tobacco Report
January 25, 2017
- Lung Association Report: Federal and State Leaders Failing to Prevent Tobacco-Related Disease and Death
January 25, 2017
- How Lung Cancer Treatment Advanced in 2016
January 23, 2017
- FDA Takes Historic Step in Proposing to Reduce Carcinogens in Smokeless Tobacco
January 19, 2017
- American Lung Association Hosts LUNG FORCE Expos, Showcasing Latest in Lung Health Research for Patients, Healthcare Providers
January 17, 2017
- Cleaner Cars Will Help Protect Public Health
January 13, 2017
- MEDIA ALERT: American Lung Association to Release ‘State of Tobacco Control’ Report, New Grading Category for Tobacco 21
January 11, 2017
- American Lung Association Highlights Three Easy Steps to Reduce Risk of the Second-Leading Cause of Lung Cancer
January 10, 2017
When Breath Becomes Air: A Review
I heard about Paul Kalanithi's book, When Breath Becomes Air, long before I actually read it. I knew that Bill Gates and Anne Patchett both raved about it, that it spent 51 weeks on the bestseller list and was a 2017 Pulitzer Prize Finalist, but I was hesitant to read the memoir about a brain surgeon who was diagnosed with lung cancer because I didn't think I could relate to it.
Making Dents in Lung Cancer Discoveries
Mark M. Fuster, M.D., is a pulmonary disease specialist in San Diego and has worked in the field of lung disease for more than 15 years.
From #42, to 'Saved By The Scan'
You've quit smoking. Congratulations! Now you're moving forward with a healthier life. Smoking is in the rear view mirror. Maybe it's even been a decade since you quit. However, while your smoking history might not be at the forefront of your mind, there are still steps you should take to protect your health, and maybe even save your life.
Support from Day One: Preparing for Lung Cancer Treatment
Talk to any two lung cancer patients about their treatment and you might get two very different experiences. Your treatment options depend on the type and stage of your cancer, as well as your overall health and your preferences.
Climate Change and Air Quality: How Worsening Wildfires and Heat Waves Affect Lung Health, and What to Do About It
From the more than 20 wildfires currently scorching the western United States to more intense and frequent heat waves, the fingerprint of our changing climate is visible today. And these changes can have dangerous consequences for American families, now and for generations to come.
I Have Cancer. And I Can't Imagine Losing My Healthcare.
Ashley M. shares her story about battling lung cancer and why healthcare coverage is important to her. Read her story and stand with the American Lung Association to tell our Senators to protect American's healthcare.
Entering the World of Lung Cancer Clinical Trials: A Patient's Perspective
LUNG FORCE Hero and American Lung Association Lung Cancer Patient Advisory Group member Karen Loss was diagnosed with stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer in November 2012. Since her diagnosis, she has been on several lung cancer treatments, and has participated in clinical trials.
Supporting Survivors Today and Every Day
Every year on the first Sunday of June, local events are organized throughout the country in support of cancer survivors. National Cancer Survivor Day® is a celebration and rally of support for survivors.
Sharing Our Stories to Shine a Spotlight on the Realities of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer has very few symptoms early on, which is one reason why the disease is so deadly. It is often found by chance. And even though lung cancer is the leading cancer killer, awareness remains critically low.Related Topic: LUNG FORCE
Why I Joined LUNG FORCE
Five years after losing her mother to lung cancer, LUNG FORCE Hero Heather P. shares her story with the hope of raising awareness, encouraging others and, someday, finding a cure.Related Topic: LUNG FORCE