Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Human Metapneumovirus (hMPV)
Many upper respiratory tract infections do not prompt specific questions to physicians, but a number of common questions for respiratory tract infection and prevention can be asked.
- Am I at increased risk for getting a lung infection?
- If I get a lung infection, am I at increased risk for developing severe pneumonia?
- Are there any lung infections that I should be concerned about given my health?
- Am I at risk of having a worse or longer "cold" than the average person?
- What steps could I take to protect myself from getting a cold?
- How long should I wait after getting a cold before it is "too long" and I need to come in and see you?